Some truckers oppose letting Mexican trucks on U.S. roads

Discussion in 'Mexican Truckers Forum' started by Cybergal, Feb 26, 2007.

1. cutloose

cutloose Light Load Member

Jul 9, 2007
    That is the point not to let that happen. Covers first 3 statements.
    But your last statement, is the real funny.. I ask you read it again... Its good for a laugh..

"Any truck that comes north from Mexico, has to follow the sames rules you do, so stop thinking they are going to be a bunch of outlaws". :biggrin_25523:
    The last time i checked mexicans have a problem, with just entering the USA. legally.
    The last time i checked they feel no need to speak english. I do believe its a requirement to operate a commercial vehicle.

I could go on about there way and ours but i still dont think it would help you, just keep and eye out for those unsafe trucks in truck stops, It will get worst. :biggrin_25520:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Passin Thru

Passin Thru Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2007
    VA
    Arent all Celadon drivers Meskins? I know Mexican drivers are unsafe, I used to go to Mexico. They will pass on a turn lane when the road is 2 lanes with a turn lane.

4. Ronnocomot

Ronnocomot Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2006
    IL
    As opposed to the highly educated well informed and well trained drivers we have here in America?

Meskins= I rest my case with this scholar.

5. Batman47

Batman47 Bobtail Member

Mar 7, 2007
    The full report released by Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration can be found on the net and thank goodness the Senate didn't fund the pilot program.

DOT moves forward with U.S./Mexico cross-border truck program

6. Passin Thru

Passin Thru Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2007
    VA
    To Ronocomot, I happen to have a better education and betterschooling than most drivers. I retired from Flight test division as a Mechanic with an A & P Liscense, of course you dont know what that is, I am a certified pilot and where we come from we call em Meskins. So What. They are the worlds worst drivers and I have been Mexico and can speak the lingo Primo. OH! I can read and write English, Spanish, Italian and I own my trucking company. Dont go there. My Daddy said, " Never Argue with a fool, you might not know the difference".:biggrin_2559::biggrin_2559::biggrin_2559:

7. Ronnocomot

Sep 1, 2006
    IL
    Airframes and Powerplants license perhaps? So just because you call them a derogatory term "where we come from" its okay for you to post it in a public forum?
    As far as Mexicans being the world's worst drivers, I suggest you do a little traveling. Ever driven in Cairo or Bombay?

As far as what your Daddy said, he didn't argue with you much then, huh?

8. javelinjeff

javelinjeff Medium Load Member

Aug 30, 2007
    victorville,ca
    everyone gets so off topic here, one issue nobody mentions is that IF we start running down there,no industry will be english speaking,the law enforcement will not speak english,nor will any of the services. that makes running down there an undesirable situation for most of us.another thing is my insurance will NOT cover me south of the border. now since most of our warehousing(at least in the southern US) uses lower paid hispanic help,these guys will not have a language barrier at many docks.does this mean that now we must learn to speak a foreign language to remain in this industry? also,what is to prevent the mexican based companies from sub-hauling for domestic carriers if they construct a "lease" agreement that puts their trucks under a US companies operating authority to run US loads? i am all for free trade with our southern neighbors to honor the NAFTA agreement as i have hauled mexican products to the US from transfer points in Laredo,McAllen,Nogales,etc,and there is nothing wrong with that.not only do our border cities rely on this industry but so do the mexican towns also.this program has way too many unresolved concerns for me to endorse,although if it becomes the way american trucking is going,i'll be hiring drivers from south of the border to run my truck(s) as this will no longer be a stable industry.there is a reason we should all be speaking the same language on the road,and it has nothing to do with race--safety! to warn other drivers of accidents,hazards,traffic jams,etc.NOBODY SHOULD BE OPERATING A COMMERCIAL VEHICLE IN THIS COUNTRY UNLESS THEY ARE FLUENT IN ENGLISH--FOR SAFETY REASONS!

9. Ronnocomot

Sep 1, 2006
    IL
    Would a DOT inspector give you a pass if you couldn't understand what he was asking you? No, he would shut you down.

Then why do you think he wouldn't do the same to someone from Mexico?

10. Batman47

Batman47 Bobtail Member

Mar 7, 2007
    Its all about a standard for U. S. Truck Drivers and a different set of policies for Mexican Trucks.

Lets see

they don't have to pay

Work Comp

1/2 there fuel in U. S. goes toward fuel IFTA taxes, bringing in a full tank.

Driving trucks built by Freightliner with new engines that could not pass DEQ in the U. S.

Two log books

FMCS cannot police DEQ regulations or individual state road tax.

State cops can't pull them over

Driving wage much less then U. S. Drivers

Every truck at the boarder is not inspected as stated by FMCS

We paid for our highways and yet now FMCS wants to allow an un fair cost return pilot project.

U S. Drivers in Mexico don't have a chance due to hyjackers and no visable highway sytem allowing any one to determine which bridges and roads you can't drive on.

Equality, that is what I want.

Your piffy statements don't hide the truth, remember the guy that wipped out city blocks with a truck load of pipe on drugs.

Hell, lets say mexican trucks drivers are fine drivers and there wouldn't be one acident. It still doesn't change the facts.

Signed:

Dummy to some and educated to others, you decide.

11. Ronnocomot

Sep 1, 2006
    IL
    I guess its the first one then.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.