some werner stats

Discussion in 'Werner' started by varimon, Aug 18, 2006.

1. varimon

varimon Bobtail Member

Aug 2, 2006
    Based on 3 years OTR 48 state 1.5 years as trainer experience:

currently inexperienced drivers start at .26/mile (dedicated/regional routes vary). if you dont become a trainer after 6 months you will be lucky to make $30,000 your first full year. trainers take a .02/mile pay cut. no detention pay. forced canada if u have a century, pete387 or KW-T6 and can legally go there (make sure u have a manifest upon return to USA). there is no extra canada pay. there is $40 NYC pay u must go to NYC if dispatched there. they will take $400 payable $10/week in case u mess up your truck...i havent got mine back yet. you WILL be randomly drug tested. extra stop pay: (1st $25) (2nd +$35) (3rd +$50) (4th +$75) n00bs-you do not get paid for stopping at the shipper or consignee (1st or last location). also $20 shag (less than 100 miles) pay.

also any number of good loads u get will be swapped away to the pony express or to some other driver that can't make his remaining 150 miles on time, try not to let it get to ya. werner's swap happy BS frequently makes both loads late.

long haul trucks include: peterbilt 379 & 387, Kenworth W9 & T6, Freightliner Classic & Century

b4 i left they were pushing a rookie team-up program where u can team drive with another n00b right out of training. i recommend u NOT take this option. being by urself is completely different from always having a trainer around. driving by urself forces u to gain experience much quicker than with a buddy. afterwards try to team up if u still feel the need.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Pappa Jake

Pappa Jake Bobtail Member

Aug 15, 2006
    In Between The White Lines
    I'm graduating in 1 week & thinking about joining Werner. Any feedback?

4. varimon

varimon Bobtail Member

Aug 2, 2006
    search this site has a lot of good info. don't expect to make a lot of money with werner. the reason only 2 or 3 companies use paperless logs is simple: if u make more money, they make more money. personally i would have rather gotten my experience with a different company than werner. if u just wanna get ur year in so u can hook up with a better paying company there are worse places than werner (ie swift,JBHunt).

also, at werner u r definitely a number 1st and a person maybe 4th or 5th. they want u to send all messages possible over the Qualcomm and frequently get irate if u call them. im not a people person so that's fine, however, only sending messages over the QC generally ends up in getting the problems resolved tomorrow at the earliest.

i wasnt complaining, just stating the facts and letting new drivers know what to expect.

5. Pappa Jake

Pappa Jake Bobtail Member

Aug 15, 2006
    In Between The White Lines
    thanks for the info verimon. I am looking to get the best OTR experience possible with a company that has a terminal in NJ. I have sat through the sales pitchs from Covenant, Werner & Watkins/Shepard. I search the threads on this site and get mixed messages. Just want to work for a good company. I have been in the restaurant industry for 25 years & I am tried of getting pooped on.

"Keep On Truckin'"

6. Cerberus_Kelpie

Cerberus_Kelpie Light Load Member

Sep 5, 2006
    Buildsboro, NC.
    Pappa Jake,

You're "tired of getting pooped on" and you think Trucking is not gonna afford this??
    There is no perfect run nor is there a perfect dispatcher (altho some folk will argue these).
    There are decent pieces of equipment and there is junk which passes for decent equipment(according to some company shops).
    There are three year old trucks that are worn out from the slipseating and there are ten year old and older trucks that are in very good shape from not slipseating.
    There ARE nice Cops (rare) and there are evil Cops (plenty).
    The only good Coop is a closed Coop!
    Waiting in line to fuel.
    Waiting in line to shower.
    Waiting in line to eat or to pay for things.
    Waiting at shippers/receivers WITH AN APPT. to be ldd/nldd., and a lot of these have folk that don't care what one has to go thru in order to complete what one needs. Some places are more "fun" than others and some places actually are decent, some.
    Incorrect directions=a staple of this industry!
    Being away from home for a minimum two weeks at most companies, three at some, longer if the driver wants yet the home time remains the same, usually one day off for every 7 days out up to a maximum 4 days off (J. B. Hunt) regardless of time OTR.
    $1,000.00 a week divided by 80 hours = $12.50 @ .30 cpm. More cpm generates a little more weekly pay yet do not consider this to be a consistency as some weeks one may run more than other weeks. Only a few run consistent miles every week.

The good side:
    New places not yet seen.
    Different people everywhere.
    Friendly people(staff) at most Truck Stops.
    Visiting family or friends in other parts of the country which would probably otherwise not happen.
    Monetary gain from "at home" job (sometimes).
    There are other items to add by the people that know of them.

I'm not trying to harsh your mellow, I'm merely posting MY opinion of this Industry or Profession or Trade or what-have-you.

BEst uv WELLness 2-u-n-urs-n ALL (ad)ventures!!:happy3:

7. bobbyw

bobbyw Light Load Member

Oct 20, 2006
    Orlando Florida
    I thought werner pays better then 30,000 for the 1rst year I was thinking about them too

8. IAMGREAT

IAMGREAT Light Load Member

Dec 24, 2006
    BUTTE AMERICA !!!
    Dont do it !!!
    You WILL "REGRET" it!!

check out the ripoffreports.com under werner enterprises or werner enterprizes:sad11:

9. Police Interceptor

Police Interceptor Bobtail Member

Feb 14, 2007
    They had started my off at 23 yes 23 cpm. When I had started my recruter told me that I would a increas in pay due to some exereance I had. I figerd hu mabee 32 33 cpm. No. 23 @#$%in cpm. If your thinking of driveing for weener trucking do not do it.

10. SkoalBandit

SkoalBandit Light Load Member

Apr 6, 2007
    I find it quite funny that he said "forced canada" well guess what man, my trainer now, has been an O/O of Centuries for the past 5 years with werner, and has NEVER been asked to do a canada load...I also talked to plenty of other drivers who have centuries and maybe 5 out of 30 said they have been to canada, get it right man.:biggrin_25516:

11. SkoalBandit

SkoalBandit Light Load Member

Apr 6, 2007
    You must have one hell of a record then...cause I am starting at $0.28 a mile.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.