Someone from Western Express offered me 75cpm, REALLY?

Discussion in 'Western Express' started by Infosaur, Jan 26, 2013.

1. Espressolane

Espressolane Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Just south of the north 40

Seems a lot of people do not know WXP runs teams on the van side.

Sure do, lots of em. Mostly on the FED-EX and UPS contracts. YES, WXP has contracts for these companies, also US Mail hauls. Mostly run in the NE region. From the drivers I know on these runs, they tend to be dedicated to the account. It may not be always the same run, but it will be on the same account. Or at least thats what it was .

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BJnobear

BJnobear Heavy Load Member

Aug 24, 2010
    PCB, FL
    That is if you can talk them into a team op. It is as rare as getting leased on with them.

Top solo pay is .36 cpm, up from .32 since December.

4. Gary7

Gary7 Light Load Member

Jan 28, 2010
    Toms River New Jersey
    that 75 cents per mile is for short miles . I worked with them for a little over a year and a half now. one good thing I can say about Western Express is they treat their drivers with respect.

5. mattywhacker

mattywhacker Bobtail Member

Jan 16, 2013
    tn
    I'm thinking of going their in march,I only have, 4 months experience, can anyone give solid info about them, i'm nerviouse, I have herd nothing but bad about the company

6. red S-10

red S-10 Medium Load Member

Mar 12, 2010
    cullman,al
    sorry about the post, had a bad evening, my bad

Last edited: Feb 24, 2013
  7. robert / safety dept wsx

robert / safety dept wsx Bobtail Member

Mar 21, 2013
    that pay is the short haul pay (1-200 miles) we have a 3 teir pay system 200-499 i think is 55cpm and 500+ is 34 cpm (doe)

8. robert / safety dept wsx

Mar 21, 2013
    matt i work for wsx and i wont bs you on anything about them..i was a driver myself and wont steer you wrong

9. Gunrunner84

Gunrunner84 Light Load Member

Feb 9, 2008
    Robert Hi, I was offered a job with WE and wondered about the CSA scores. That as a driver concerns me. What is WE doing to address this?

10. robert / safety dept wsx

Mar 21, 2013
    if your referring to our csa score...our score is only as good as the effort our drivers put into staying compliant while operating their truck....if its your csa score anything above 50 pionts combined in unsafe driving,fatigued driving or crash indicator catogories will disqualify you as a prospective employee....as for drivers employed with us we have a program that monitors them and when they start to have issue's that may affect their csa we council them and start them on a proactive training program to help them remain safe and compliant while still making good money

11. Gunrunner84

Gunrunner84 Light Load Member

Feb 9, 2008

Yes W E CSA Scores. They concerning to me as a driver with a good csa score. How long has this program you refer to been in place?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.