Would like to lease and get through the house weekly, Abilene. TX

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by dieselveins, Dec 13, 2018.

1. shogun

shogun Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Doing a regen
    Definitely. My dad is leased to a carrier running percentage. He's barely clearing $5k a week after fuel running power only. I'm thinking about starting a gofundme page for him.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    Lol

4. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    It depends on if your just thinking about it or you really want to do it. If the latter then I’d say go for it. As long as your willing to run.Lease purchase plans are usually a loser for an OP. Better find a Truck on your own. Keep payments under $1300 mo. Put down as little as possible. With $ 8000 plus first weeks fuel money and a little luck you can be successful. Then save all you can for as long as you can. You’ll figure the rest out quick.I know most will disagree and say you need $30,000 and a brand new Truck that’s paid for etc. If that were true hardly anyone would be able to do it. More ways than 1 to skin a cat. A line of credit wouldn’t hurt Lol. As things can go sideways quick and You don’t want to risk losing everything including credit rating due to a surprise repair bill. Good Luck

spindrift Thanks this.
  5. Truckermania

Truckermania Road Train Member

Oct 13, 2011
    Sturgis,SD
    Big difference between being "leased to" a carrier and doing. "Lease purchase". One you own the truck and have some say over what happens. The other, you do not own the truck but still have all the expenses as if you did.

exhausted379 Thanks this.
  6. drreid1958

drreid1958 Light Load Member

Jul 15, 2017
    mid Michigan
    So you've got responses telling you that what you want to do can't be done, and/or reading stuff into your post that you didn't say.

If I understand you correctly, you want to get through your home west of Dallas at least weekly, you want your own truck, and you have a little money saved but not a ton.

A lot of people have been turned off by lousy lease-purchase programs from companies that still dispatch you, and rightly so.

Some caution that you don't have the financial resources to buy a truck, get your own authority, and be an O/O, and rightly so.

But there are other alternatives. I suggest investigating Schneider's program. With the combination of Schneider National and Schneider Finance, you can lease your own truck and dispatch yourself. You'll have high weekly payments and will be fully responsible for everything that goes wrong so you can't just take off whenever you feel like it, at least not at first. But you can earn substantially more than most company drivers do, and you'll dispatch yourself, choosing freight from a huge load board. SNI has plenty of freight that runs to and/or through the Dallas area...I'm on such a load right now and have today off as my load (that I brought from New Jersey) doesn't deliver until tomorrow am. Were you under this load, you could have been home from yesterday evening until tomorrow am without having to deal with anything special. Next week I have a couple of appointments in Michigan on Monday, so I have booked two loads that get me from here to there, and then left a day space between my next pair after that, which will get me back down to Texas. It is easy to do, and it pays.

I don't care if people think this can't be done....I'm doing it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.