Did I do something wrong at this intersection? Video attached.

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Don379, Oct 17, 2021.

1. Don379

Don379 Heavy Load Member

Jan 7, 2021
    Owner operator for 5 years now, and truck driver for many years before that. Accident and ticket free except for minor sideswipe that i was declared not at fault. Almost got my hood taken out on Friday. Dash cam is on passenger side split window at top so it has a better angle view than i do in passenger seat. I never saw a turn signal nor did i really look for one. Correct me if im wrong but i thought you were supposed to start executing a merge on to an on ramp in the actual turning lane. Been down this road a million times and this the first i seen this. Not one but 2 trucks. Go easy on me if you feel like i should be more alert looking for turn signals in the other lane. I cant count how many times i see trucks that forgot to turn them off miles down the road.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. olddog_newtricks

olddog_newtricks Medium Load Member

Jun 3, 2018
    That jerk was trying to turn from the wrong lane . Not your fault.

gabe11, Wargames, mjd4277 and 17 others Thank this.
  4. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Wow. No u did nothing wrong. Did he hit you? The guy litterally jumped the curb to turn . he was the one not paying attention

5. nikmirbre

nikmirbre Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    1st time I watched I seen a turn signal. Yes the guy would’ve been at fault had he hit you(assuming he didn’t). I’ve learned to watch out for stuff like that every day….

6. Don379

Don379 Heavy Load Member

Jan 7, 2021
    ok. yeah but after this stuff happens you still question yourself. he was littlerally inches from me. im just glad he finaly decided after the fact to check his mirrors. Maybe he was to busy watching SWIFT how to make the turn

gabe11, Waterman_99, mjd4277 and 11 others Thank this.
  7. Don379

Don379 Heavy Load Member

Jan 7, 2021
    i will be now

8. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Just another dumb #### that doesn't know how to drive. The usual suspects up here pull that crap all the time its rediculous.

9. SoulScream84

SoulScream84 Road Train Member

Mar 21, 2020
    You did nothing wrong, I'm wondering if he realized too late he had to take the detour? Regardless, the steering wheel holder needs to see a proctologist.

10. wore out

wore out Numbered Classic

Jun 5, 2013
    CHASIN THE DEVIL'S HERD
    I was taught to run down the right lane then swing wide to keep the trailer in the right lane and keep someone from sneaking in on your right side. A button hook turn I think it may be called. Maybe they don’t teach that in school idk. I would say that would have been on the other driver but I am a nobody

11. PoleCrusher

PoleCrusher Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2014
    LLMF
    You were not in the wrong. The other truck crossed a solid white line, violation #1, merged into a lane occupied by another vehicle, violation #2, executed a turn from a non-turning lane, violation #3.

Having their turn signal on does not give them the right to merge or turn whenever they want to.

The idiocy we have to deal with every day has become ludicrous.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.