Sometimes we need to prove a point

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by JoeyJunk, Aug 9, 2022.

1. JoeyJunk

JoeyJunk Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Washington, PA
    So, I picked up a load yesterday in Columbus OH. It was a Pepsi load. I confused this location with another that I picked up at as a company driver. That warehouse shipped chips or something similar. This one was actual soft drinks. Normally I wouldn’t book this crap.

Had to pull out of dock when loaded. Guy came out to seal trailer. I put two straps across the rear but forgot to look over the load. It was the end of my day and I was tired. My mistake. Took the load home.

Today as I get close to consignee I notice trailer walls bulging on passenger side. Not good. Back into dock and realize the issue. Those mofo’s put 6 double pallets up front and in the back but put 6 single pallets in the middle. Those 6 pallets shifted and fell against the right wall. Wonderful. I forgot to look and they said nothing.

Its 85 here in WV. I restacked one pallet and almost died lol. Decided at this point I didn’t care how much they offered, they needed to be taught a lesson. I refused to restack anymore and turned in pics and explanation to broker. The shipper wanted to pay me. I refused. I had to cancel next two loads due to this so I’m not backing down. Been here since noon. The shipper will learn at least one time that they shouldn’t load like reetards.

At this point it’s just about the principle. You effed up and you will make it right or get your product back either by forklift or my hands tossing into your parking lot. Your choice.

And I don’t care if this broker black list’s me. I only use them to fill in when convenient and it never is.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JoeyJunk

Dec 31, 2010
    Washington, PA
    The shipper was supposed to be arranging a lumper to come here and restack. They better hurry. Second shift done at midnight. My patience probably will wear out in another hour and this load will be going back to Columbus.

4. ibcalm19

ibcalm19 Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2015
    Pennsylvania
    My buddy was in the same situation with Coca-Cola and just like you refused to restock. They hired laborers to come to do it.

5. Big Road Skateboard

Big Road Skateboard Road Train Member

May 2, 2021
    I've heard of this often with Pepsi outta Dallas. They send em to a wrecking yard to fix, then bill the carrier

6. JoeyJunk

Dec 31, 2010
    Washington, PA
    They are sending a lumper service to the facility in the morning (supposedly). I bet they figured I would give in and restack just to get it over with. No way Jose. The manager was showing me the emails and it got broadcast to Pepsi logistics. These guys also complained and sent pictures.

This part is crazy. He said some guy delivers there a few times a week and always brings help. Must live local. Said it takes them 4 hours usually to restack. This crap doesn’t pay that well. Why on earth would someone keep hauling it especially when having to bring help every freaking time. Unbelievable!!!

7. JoeyJunk

Dec 31, 2010
    Washington, PA
    Apparently this shipment was from an independent bottler. Meaning once it leaves the property it belongs to the consignee (a small Pepsi warehouse in this case). No ifs, ands or buts. The manager didn’t want me to return it and be on the hook for the load. I appreciate his looking out for me. I assume if this was a corporate plant that shipped it returning it wouldn’t be frowned upon???? I dunno. Im sticking to my guns. Ain’t touching a darn thing.

8. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    #### yeah brother! Way to stand up for not only yourself, but the next driver as well! This industry would be alot less of a headache with alot less problems if everybody did things like this

cke, dunchues, austinmike and 10 others Thank this.
  9. JoeyJunk

Dec 31, 2010
    Washington, PA
    Yup. I was ready to fully give up any compensation for the load just to prove a point. I saw this same thing happen with Coke. I hauled A LOT of it as a local company driver. There was always an owner operator at the dock restacking. We had to restack our stuff too. Luckily the security guard told me we were actually allowed to turn down the preloaded trailer with loading issues and they were required to fix it before leaving. That information was never passed along to the drivers. I made sure everyone knew it.

10. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    That sucks. How far back was the last pallets, just about even with the tandems if slid up all the way. If it was a 20 pallet load they should of known better.

Pepsi is crap too. Never answer the #### phone

11. 88228822

88228822 Heavy Load Member

Sep 26, 2018
    It happened to me at Pepsi in Dallas (I think it's Mesquite if I remember correctly.) Also lots of loads that couldn't be made legal with respect to axle weight. I was a company driver. Avoid this place at all costs.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.