(Soon-to-be) New Trucker on the Lot!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by oso_mike, Jul 20, 2012.

1. oso_mike

oso_mike Bobtail Member

Jul 18, 2012
    San Antonio, Texas
    Hello everyone! My name is Michael. I live in San Antonio, Tx and will be attending the Roadmaster Trucking School coming up in August. I recently made the decision to move to trucking as a profession to provide for my family. I know it in no way compares to trucking but one of my favorite jobs was actually being a Delivery Driver for Pizza Hut. I know a lot of you are laughing saying, "You dont know what your getting into, boy" but I seriously liked the fact that I was by myself in my truck with deliveries to make. It actually taught me to be a safer driver by driving in all kinds of weather conditions and with all kinds of drivers on the road.

Anyhow, I just wanted to introduce myself to everyone and I welcome any kind of help and HELPFUL feedback, Thanks.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. locustrunner

locustrunner Bobtail Member

Jul 20, 2012
    Northwest Ohio
    Hey - I'm gonna be a new driver too. I graduate next month. I'm looking at a couple different places, right now have 2 orientations setup. Really nervous - this is a huge move for me & my family. I have 2 little ones & my wife - it's gonna be hard to be away from them for weeks on end. Good luck to you too man!

oso_mike Thanks this.
  4. Wooly Rhino

Wooly Rhino Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Liberty, Missouri
    What we think is, if you are willing to deliver pizza's for a living we welcome you into trucking with open arms. This is a job for people who want to work hard.

oso_mike Thanks this.
  5. oso_mike

oso_mike Bobtail Member

Jul 18, 2012
    San Antonio, Texas
    I can relate completely. I have a wife a two little ones of my own. I just hope I can find something in the oilfield industry close around my home.

6. oso_mike

oso_mike Bobtail Member

Jul 18, 2012
    San Antonio, Texas
    Thanks for that! :biggrin_25520: I did it for two years but got out because there was no advancement for drivers and no help maintaining my vehicle.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.