Soooooooo

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by BigTennOTR, Apr 24, 2017.

1. mitrucker

mitrucker Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Lapeer, MI
    2012 would be "C". Year designation is either 10th digit from the beginning of the VIN or the 8th digit back from the end of the VIN.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    That is correct. I have a 16 and it has a G.
    I haven't been quizzed on my alphabet backwards enough yet I guess.:confused:

BigTennOTR Thanks this.
  4. mitrucker

mitrucker Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Lapeer, MI
    21 years in the parts business. I know all about VIN numbering. Stupid useless knowledge mostly.

5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    The intelligence displayed by truckers is epic against a Government determined to regulate everything small and great.

If I had known those old engines would be worth money some day I would have held on to all of them.

6. Studebaker Hawk

Studebaker Hawk Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2010
    NW Indiana
    I think drivers who are trying an end run around the ELD thing with an older truck are going to be mighty surprised when the enforcement people, who used to spend the bulk of their time scrutinizing almost every one with paper are going to have a much smaller pool of drivers to pick on.
    Their 1 st conclusion is that you are driving that old truck specifically to dodge the HOS. You are guilty until proven innocent.

peterd and ZVar Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.