Sound bar mounting and quality in the truck?

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by TazmanianTad, Feb 9, 2019.

1. TazmanianTad

TazmanianTad Bobtail Member

Feb 9, 2019
    So we’ve got a tv in our truck, but even at max volume it’s very hard to hear with all the other sounds, plus we drive refer so that makes it harder..
    Right now we use a long aux cable to plug into the truck stereo and it works okay but it just doesn’t sound that great, we are thinking about buying a sound bar and mounting it under the top bunk, have any of you tried a sound bar? Do any of you have problems hearing your tv or is it just the tv we got?

Any recommendations on a decent priced and sounding sound bar? If so do you have pictures of how it was mounted?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. uncleal13

uncleal13 Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Humboldt, Sk
    I’ve used noise cancelling head phones. Not what you are asking about, but they work great to block out the noise of your engine or others beside your truck.

rabbiporkchop and TazmanianTad Thank this.
  4. pavrom

pavrom Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2012
    NE illinois
    Here the solution for you :)

Attached Files:

5. Cottonmouth85

Cottonmouth85 Bad Influence

May 3, 2012
    Floresville, Tx
    My audio comes from the truck speakers....

Bluetooth, Aux cord, there's many ways to set it up.

6. Sho Nuff

Sho Nuff Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2015
    A really simple way to get better sound is to hook it up to a portable bluetooth speaker. They're small...doesn't take up much space...battery or 12v operated...and they sound great. It's amazing how good some of these bluetooth speakers sound. You can even buy two and use an auxillary splitter for an even more louder, stereo sound. I've used them on my laptop before for better sound.

TazmanianTad and uncleal13 Thank this.
  7. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I have a small one from Best Buy. I bought it back when I worked for Magnum. My tv has speakers on the bottom, and when I was pulling one of their Carrier units, I couldn't hear the tv. It was $40 or $50, the digital optical cable was a bit more pricy than I expected, but it was worth it. It has connection for bluetooth and RCA connections as well, so you can sync it to your phone and play music when you're not watching tv. It's only about 12" or so, but has more than enough sound to overpower the sound of a reefer. And I find it amazing how a single little sound bar can produce life like surround sound.

TazmanianTad and uncleal13 Thank this.
  8. TazmanianTad

TazmanianTad Bobtail Member

Feb 9, 2019
    Lol

I've got one at home, maybe I'll give that a try next time I'm home, thanks!

Good to know! Where did you mount it?

9. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Off the base. I had to make a mount in my Pinnacle, so I left the tabletop base on it and just velcro'd the speaker to it.

TazmanianTad Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.