SouthEast produce shippers...?

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by JohnFamilyFarms, Jul 30, 2017.

1. JohnFamilyFarms

JohnFamilyFarms Bobtail Member

Aug 18, 2013
    Florida
    I'm a local small fleet owner, running mainly bulk fertilizer and flatbed. I just recently purchased a truck/reefer combo from a retired O/O at a great price. I have always been interested in running produce in the south east region (close to Florida) and thought this would be my chance.

Any good shippers that anyone can recommenced?

Thanks!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    Who are your shippers for the flatbed and fertiziler work?

whoopNride, Ruthless and flatbeb mac Thank this.
  4. boredsocial

boredsocial Road Train Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Louisville, KY
    Hate to be the bearer of bad news but the Southeast produce season is over. So drive up to Indiana/Michigan and get a produce load going to the Florida for 3 bucks a mile and then find whatever you can to get back.

5. JohnFamilyFarms

JohnFamilyFarms Bobtail Member

Aug 18, 2013
    Florida
    Yah I understand the seasons, we farm produce. Just wondered if there was an honest outfit or firm to get on with that keeps trucks going to and from Florida. Any suggestions?

6. boredsocial

Apr 13, 2014
    Louisville, KY
    That's where the information you're asking for starts to be worth money to people. Everyone is happy to help you with general advice, but a straight up recommendation on an internet forum could cause real damage by bringing in new competition.

You're looking for low (but not too low!) MC's with great credit who seem to always be paying near top dollar in every produce market. If they sound confident that's a good thing. If they sound young that's a bad thing. Don't do business with anyone whose business has a religious name.

7. boredsocial

Apr 13, 2014
    Louisville, KY
    This is a good moment to mention that I consider old/small brokerages to be one of the best value propositions in the whole industry for everyone who does business with them. They tend to either have lower profit margin requirements than bigger brokers, more experienced employees, and/or better average freight. They are great for customers because they are small enough to still sincerely care about a customers business while being experienced enough to do the job right. But I'm pretty biased seeing as I'm describing my own segment of the brokerage market :)

KB3MMX and JL of Indiana Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.