Southern Refrigerated Transport Driver Dies In Truck No Help

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by NJKatwoman, Jul 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. US MARINE

US MARINE Heavy Load Member

Sep 15, 2011
    Sure they run QC .. But they will have an excuse as to why they could track the truck down, or a way to lay blame on something else ..
    SRT is not gonna fess up to the fact that they are
    1. Not Humaine
    2. A Terriable company
    3. Do not care for their Drivers
    4. Leave Deceased Drivers out in the road in the name of PROFITS ..

Cause they lack a 3 words we used to say in the USMC

Honor - ( honor their drivers by stepping up in a time of need )
    Courage - ( the courage to admit they are wrong )
    Comitment - ( keeping the comitment they make to their drivers )

cause they have no .... INTEGRITY !!!

Plain and simple

Lilbit and drozzer69 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. US MARINE

Sep 15, 2011
    Hopefully the SRT customer base after reading about what a stand up company SRT really is , they will JUMP SHIP on SRT as they did on a helpless driver who passed away in their truck ..

Hopefully the customers or SRT will determine that they do not want to continue to do business with a company with such a lack of morals

4. 379exhd

379exhd Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2012
    rolling through hell
    That would be nice to see but its doubtful unfortunately. I would like to see a lot if not all their drivers decide to give their 2 weeks notice at the same time. Once again doubtful unfortunately. In another thread we were talking about people not having respect for truck drivers and how we are treated. The general public does not respect us, the companies we work for don't respect us, nor does the company have the common decency or respect to get a deceased driver home to his family. Its a money hungry world unfortunately fueled by greedy ### corporate #### heads. This discusts me on more levels than one. Since I have heard of this matter I have seen several SRT trucks if I would ONLY be hurting the companies and not the drivers I would've shut their reefers off, broken the seals on the trailer and slashed the tires. When other drivers looked at me like I was crazy I would inform them as to why I was doing what I was doing I don't think anybody would've seen a #### thing after hearing the explanation.

This is a very sad and disheartening situation to say the least. May the driver rest in peace, and may his family greave in peace during this hard time. And may the upper management, and corporate #### heads at SRT rot for this. Wonder what they would do if one of their upper management idiots woke up in a ditch with their jaw half off. Chicken ##### just ridiculous when we see what the world has come too.

US MARINE and Lilbit Thank this.
  5. US MARINE

Sep 15, 2011
    I makes allot of us mad .. But don't do anything crazy
    they will get it in the end by their own doings .. Just watch

Lilbit Thanks this.
  6. 379exhd

379exhd Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2012
    rolling through hell
    Me do something crazy:biggrin_25524:nah. Like you said they will get it in the end. I was giving examples...now the tires, shutting the reefer off, and breaking the seal yes it did cross my mind, but as I said I would rather not hurt the driver in this matter and that will ultimately come back on the driver. I can only hope people see this and decide not to use SRT as you stated in your previous comment. I know I would probably be one of the worst people to work for due to expectations, but NEVER IN MY LIFE would I charge a Deceased drivers family to get them home. If I had to fly out there myself to get him home I would. I have a heart, we have all lost loved ones and dealt with that kind of pain and sorrow, that's enough for a family to deal with at that point in time and I'm #### sure not going to cause them more pain.

7. BABY924

BABY924 Bobtail Member

Aug 6, 2013
    that is so insensitive, to not assist a drivers family when something happens especially when they are in one of your trucks, SHAME ON THEM for not treating your employees like family, they were asking you to assit them moving into a new house, it was a death... while on duty...

8. izifaddag

izifaddag Medium Load Member

Apr 26, 2010
    I just posted that on my Facebook page. Dirtbags!

9. TruckDuo

TruckDuo Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Leave a message on Covenants page. Let's continue the pressure

kimbosa Thanks this.
  10. skibum_63

skibum_63 Road Train Member

Oct 12, 2007
    somewhere, USA
    the only way I see them making right on this, is to fully pay the family 100% of the transportation costs, and the funeral cost, as well a a full page add in all trucking media outlets, apology for their major fail.

11. nightwatch

nightwatch Light Load Member

Jul 15, 2013
    wa
    you know, it's nobody's responsibility to bring dead soldier's body from battlefields either. let's just leave them there, though they died fighting as ordered. we can go deeper and discuss how trucking companies make drivers to work 14 plus hours daily, how teams are forced to run non-stop and rarely get a chance to exercise. if you do the math you know that 24-10-10 *not even saying 11, ok?* equals 4, which is barely enough for food and shower and peeing on tires. then, same people accuse teams of getting fat and sick. really? they did that by choice? would you not shove as much food into your face if your could if its a buffet and you only get a chance to sit down and eat every other day..or less often? how on earth can you stay fit if you don't get out of your wheeled cell for more then 15 mins and even that is in odd areas with no gyms or even basic safety at times?
    I can see that you are union and good for you, but not all of folks out there are. by the way, i myself am as fit as it gets, but i am not running teams and have reasonable bosses. again, not all are that lucky.
    how can you, being one of us, not drivers that is, people..just people, say that bringing home a body of that guy who died while working for company, probably as a result of move and rest deprivation, again, forced by that same company, is not that company's responsibility?!
    has he not given them all he could? or - if you want to go cold logic - is it not their tax deductible?
    it really bothers me that you actually worded that "its really NOT their responsibility to get the late driver (or his belongings) back to his family".
    by the same token, it is really not our responsibility to stop a gang beating up a kid, it is not our responsibility to feed our kids once they are over 18, it is not our responsibility to provide for our elderly parents...and let's just all march into dog eats dog hell. how can you?...

luvtotruck Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.