Southern Refrigerated Transport, Inc. - Texarkana, Ar.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by mrhcarter, Dec 12, 2005.

1. mrhcarter

mrhcarter Bobtail Member

Oct 19, 2005
    NC
    Is anyone fimiliar with Southern Refridgerated Transport? Are you aware that they may be "Farming" applications from drivers that they have no intention of hiring - for the purpose of securing signed documents from drivers to "Pad" thier requests for Federal Funding? Does anyone have any facts on this company?

celticsong Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Well, well, well. Mr. Carter's back. I hope you're not full of the same B.S. you were the last time you were here. That got real old real fast.

4. TurboTrucker

TurboTrucker Road Train Member

Feb 23, 2005
    Rossville, Georgia
    Even though Southern Refrigerated Transport may be owned by Covenant Transport, and as detestable as that is in it's own right, it would be highly unlikely that they could be transferring signatures of applicants onto forms of another nature in the manner you mention. To do so would be the highest form of fraud that can be imagined, and something that would be almost impossible to get away with.

But, since there are companies that are doing everything they can to get their hands on some of those funds, it's not out of the question that something sleazy is going on out there.

What is the source of this charge?

celticsong Thanks this.
  5. skullitor

skullitor Medium Load Member

Aug 5, 2005
    New England
    Most drivers I've talked with enjoy driving for Southern Ref.

celticsong Thanks this.
  6. bad company

bad company Bobtail Member

Mar 6, 2006
    i worked for southern for a while and had to leave for reasons beyond my control.i will tell you this....they are an excellant company to work for.while they are a sister company to covenant they are there own company....and an excellant compant to work for.i dont think they would ever do that..but to every driver his own opinion.

celticsong Thanks this.
  7. Big Jason

Big Jason Bobtail Member

Feb 28, 2006
    Omaha, Nebraska
    I heard (second and third hand) that Southern is a good company. As far as doing something slimy to get hands on federal money...don't even get me started with the corruption that is rampant in the halls of congress, and the senate, and how they can't pass out our tax dollars fast enough to anyone that promises a campaign contribution.

Thats for either party...repub's, or dem's, there all lot lizards in a political sense.

8. skullitor

Aug 5, 2005
    New England
    How many trucks does Southern operate?

9. bad company

bad company Bobtail Member

Mar 6, 2006
    southern has about 700 trucks

celticsong Thanks this.
  10. skullitor

Aug 5, 2005
    New England
    I've seen a lot of Flat Tops or mid roofs lately.Don't they run hi-rise condo's anymore?

celticsong Thanks this.
  11. bigfella99

bigfella99 Bobtail Member

Jan 11, 2006
    Lubbock, TX
    I have in an application to SRT. I was told they have more like 500 trucks. From a students perspective, the worst part is the long training schedule. 240 hours with a trainer, and then another 240 hours with another new hire student. This extended training schedule is making me have some 2nd thoughts.

My understanding is that they are no longer financially linked with Covenant.

It sounds like most of you think or have heard that they are a good company. Can anyone else offer a positve or negative opinion on SRT?

Thanks.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.