Spare parts, do you have any?

Discussion in 'Refrigerated Trucking Forum' started by Peter_Bilt, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Peter_Bilt

Peter_Bilt Light Load Member

Feb 18, 2017
    Anyone have a gearbox in good to great condition for a 2100a Carrier unit they want to sale? I’m going to replace the seal that’s between the compressor and the engine soon and figured I would replace the gearbox assembly at the same time since I have a bearing that squeals from time to time and is actually consistent at the moment oddly enough. From previous experience pulling someone else’s reefer, when they go, they go. Unfortunately the place that installed it out it in backwards and it had to redone and I got blamed for it. I didn’t lose the load either time so hooray for me for being scolded for doing a good job lol. Also, if anyone knows if the LCD screen can be bought separate, let me know as the letters/numbers on mine is kind of dim from the age. I saw some on eBay but they show it on a newer unit, saw it’ll fit the old unit, but it’s eBay and people are full of it half of the time.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. wichris

wichris Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Got one if you get near Green Bay. Took the motor out of the unit for our bobcat.

4. Peter_Bilt

Peter_Bilt Light Load Member

Feb 18, 2017
    I never new the engines were in or used for anything else lol. Now I know. Age of the unit? Know if it’s a replacement or the original? Thanks for responding.

bzinger Thanks this.
  5. wichris

wichris Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Had to machine a few adapters but it fit just fine. Better than the old wisconsin gas motor. The unit is a 2005 so i'm sure the gearbox, blower, and compressor have been changed at some point.

bzinger Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.