Speeding ticket / misdemeanors for cdl jobs

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by MileMaker719, Mar 10, 2018.

1. MileMaker719

MileMaker719 Light Load Member

Mar 10, 2018
    Colorado Springs
    Hey guys I’m new to the trucking world and I just signed up to get my cdl the guy I singed up with says that my 3 speeding tickets in the last 3 years (one was dropped to defective head lamp) will not hurt my chances of landing jobs ? I also have about 3 misdemeanors that are very low end misdemeanors ((marijuana paraphernalia,disturbing the peace (fighting in public ) and a harassment that was deferred and dismissed)) I’m curious if it’s stoll a good idea to spend 5k on getting my cdl id hate to spend this much money and time to get my cdl and then not be hirable anywhere ?? Please help ?? Thanks guys !!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Justrucking2

Justrucking2 Road Train Member

Sep 12, 2017
    Plymouth MI
    LOL! This is one for Chinatown... That is quite a bit of fun you have been having. I know this, you would not make it past my insurance company to drive one of my trucks, and quite frankly, I would not hire you. But, that does not mean it is the end of the world, I would wait for Chinatown to chime in.

4. MileMaker719

Mar 10, 2018
    Colorado Springs
    Keep in mind the misdemeanors are from when I was 18-22 I am now 30 and an adult with a different set of values and a much more mature set of principles . I don’t drink or drug and haven’t for 10 years I was just young once like everyone else . But I appreciate your input I’ve seen allot of other people saying they have 15 mph + speeding tickets and mine are no where near that . Plus I’ve seen felons say they are being hired so I don’t know I’m far from a felon ?? Lol but thanks I appreciate your honesty and it sounds like I may need to rethink paying this 5k on Monday :(

Justrucking2 Thanks this.
  5. Justrucking2

Sep 12, 2017
    Plymouth MI
    Oh, that is different. Most outfits go back 3 years. You should be fine. Seriously, you will be fine.

Dan.S Thanks this.
  6. MileMaker719

Mar 10, 2018
    Colorado Springs
    Ok awesome yeah no legal issues in the past 3 years at all with the exception of the traffic violations thanks again for you input though I appreciate it !!

7. Justrucking2

Sep 12, 2017
    Plymouth MI
    Keep an eye out on this thread you started, let Chinatown have at you. He is the guru around here on these types of questions. Oh, no sweat. ;-)

Dan.S Thanks this.
  8. MileMaker719

Mar 10, 2018
    Colorado Springs
    Ok sounds good I look forward to hearing from him he seems to be the guy on here !

Justrucking2 Thanks this.
  9. CrappieJunkie

CrappieJunkie Wishin' I was fishin'

Mar 9, 2014
    In a van down by the River.
    Paging @Chinatown.

Put your location in your profile so he can help you.

MileMaker719 and Dan.S Thank this.
  10. MileMaker719

Mar 10, 2018
    Colorado Springs
    Ok I’ll do that now thanks but for a quick fix I’m in Colorado Springs area

Dan.S and CrappieJunkie Thank this.
  11. boneebone

boneebone Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2009
    Your misdemeanors are so old, they're not going to have any bearing on your employment prospects.

If your misdemeanors really bother you, you can petition the court in your City, County or State to have them expunged or dismissed.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.