Spoke with a Klemm recruiter about owner operator position

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by dextrdog, Jun 29, 2021.

1. dextrdog

dextrdog Light Load Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Milwaukee, WI
    I spoke with a Klemm recruiter about the milwaukee terminal . Said owner operators are averaging 2500-3500 / week + 100% FSC . Said they pay 70% of load. Does this seem accurate or do they make more ? Doesn’t seem like much considering all the expenses even tho you do use their trailer. Anyone here an owner operator for them? I used to haul gas for with Solar Transport from milwaukee but when Klemm outbid all our contracts we got let go. The owner operators would never share with you how much they make when you talk to them at the rack, they would only complaint and say it ain’t worth it, but 6 years later I still see the same trucks on the road just with more chrome and sparkle lol. Anyone here an owner operator for klemm hauling local gas? Thanks for any input!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    I don’t know..but I heard it wasn’t worth it.:p

Try it and see, gotta be something to it

4. markk

markk Medium Load Member

Nov 14, 2011
    When I ran for a dedicated broker on grain I paid 1100 a month for trailer lease. That is in the norm. 1100 - 1500. As a reference it is 1500 month to rent a grain hopper from most dealers.
    They paid out 90% minus the trailer and 25.00 for ACH to bank.
    2500 a week is not going to pay for your truck. I need at minimum 3500. 7 or 8 k is good.

5. ChicagoJohn

ChicagoJohn Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2016
    Chicago
    The Chicago market is very very very competitive and everyone is constantly under bidding everyone. I Can’t speak for Milwaukee, but $2500-3000 is about right running local gas. You can make a little note working overnights and weekends. I have an OO who came to work for me from hauling gas for KAG.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.