Spring Is Here?

Discussion in 'Truckers News' started by STexan, Mar 19, 2017.

1. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Today I'm driving Miles City to Post Falls across 94/90. Beautiful, mostly cloudy morning at the rest area west of Billings with mild 50 degree morning temps. No wind (I mean completely calm), no winter weather forecasted across to Portland. Maybe some rain showers here and there later this afternoon.

It's a great time of year ... after the worst of the winter weather and before the high winds and hot temperatures. And tornado season should be firing up soon, too!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ooops

Ooops Medium Load Member

Aug 17, 2016
    Spring is here only when the Pecan tree say's so.[buds]

4. Getsinyourblood

Getsinyourblood Road Train Member

Jul 5, 2014
    Retired. North Texas
    When the Spring Break race car drivers go home, I'll be ready to enjoy the nice spring weather.

5. Getsinyourblood

Getsinyourblood Road Train Member

Jul 5, 2014
    Retired. North Texas
    The Dogwoods are blooming and that means the fish are starting to bite.

Naptown Thanks this.
  6. Kyle G.

Kyle G. Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2016
    Eastern Iowa
    You know spring is coming when you start seeing drivers walking across the fuel island in shorts and flip flops.

7. Just passing by

Just passing by Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Mississippi
    My eyes burn, sneezing non stop, air conditioner already on ( south Mississippi)... yep. It's here.

8. Anonymousproxy

Anonymousproxy Road Train Member

Mar 2, 2015
    IMG_0289.JPG Around here at home, there's still a bunch of snow on the ground, temps at night still well below freezing, more snow flurries and ice forecast for later in the week.... meanwhile Donner is get hit with a little more snow....

9. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Already a dry line should be setting up roughly Midlands-Armarillo-Ft Collins etc. Im watching for a potential outbreak this week, just resting and waiting for the party to start so I can open a outbreak thread and start feeding it once the tornados start walking the earth. Arkansas is already in spring time. But there is still a chance of a killing last frost. Everything is spring time too #### early. That's not a good sign.

10. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    x1Heavy Thanks this.
  11. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Indeed it is. Ty for the pics of flowers. Shows that spring has finally reached northern lands.

Im fixing to start a outbreak thread later this week probably tomorrow when things get active midland-armarillo-dodge city Arkansas and Memphis is expecting our turn to be sat pm into sunday. I might not be online if the storms get rough in my area but will try to carry it through.

IF you got a thread going I'll chip in and help where I can.

There is one change I will made, instead of burying people in hundreds of storm reports I will try to stick with those affecting the interstates. There have been too many trucks driving into these storms and get overturned too.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.