1. to truck or not to truck

to truck or not to truck Bobtail Member

Dec 29, 2013
    va,nc,sc areas
    have an urgent question, im in cdl school but just found out my dl was suspended for no insurance on pov. it was from ins company notification to state dmv not a driving w/o ticket. its from a few years ago and they said i have to pay fine plus get an SR22 to reinstate. question is, will i still stand a chance of getting hired? and if not, even if not for a driving violation? thanks for any help n be safe out there

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Get your drivers license reinstated. You should be OK. Might limit your choices of companies, but that's just temporary. You still need your CDL to graduate from school, so get the reinstatement taken care of before graduation.

4. to truck or not to truck

Dec 29, 2013
    va,nc,sc areas
    once again CHINATOWN, you have not only lifted my spirits but gave good info! thanks for everything!! do you have any ideas as to what companies and/or what i should tell a company?

5. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
  6. Storm1014

Storm1014 Bobtail Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Yeah tell them the truth,something they don`t do in return

7. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    A question you did not answer,, you said your license was suspended a few years ago. Does this mean you have been driving around the last few years on a suspended license?

8. to truck or not to truck

Dec 29, 2013
    va,nc,sc areas
    kinda, my dl was only suspended in that one state. was only there for few months. my home state is still valid.

9. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Yes, better be honest about it; they will find out anyway. Apply with the companies you like & if no luck there are some 2nd chance companies that will hire you. Go with what you really want first and keep the application and interview up front about everything.

10. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    You can only have one Driver license at a time. Once you go to another state, you usually have 30 days to switch over. So, kind of confusing here.

You had a DL for the state you lived in, then moved to another state and also got a license for that state, not turning in your prior license?

You moved back to your home state and continued to use your home state license, but because you failed to renew car insurance your license was suspended from the state you moved out of?

Now, upon a DMV check you find you have a suspended license in a state you no longer reside in?

Is your current DL also suspected due to the other state's suspension?

Now you are trying to reinstate a license from a state you no longer live in?

SR-22 is much higher car insurance, when you moved back to the original state did you have car insurance?

11. to truck or not to truck

Dec 29, 2013
    va,nc,sc areas
    only one state dl. from state #1, moved to state #2 for about 6 months.kept dl from state #1 but registered veh in #2. long story short... insurance lapsed for 3 months #2 notified dmv in state #2 of no insurance. drive privlege was revoked in state #2. went to take my cdl permit test and state #1 says i cant get it since national check shows a suspension from #2. have to now have sr22 because i had no insurance for more than 90 days. its not for a driving violation or even getting caught while on suspension. hope this cleared up situation. btw... im not driving now and havnt had a veh in about 9 months, dont plan to get one but still need an SR22?:biggrin_2551: just worried i couldnt get hired b/c i have to have a "no insurance" Sr22!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.