Stan's Inc., Alpena, SD

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by MrEd, Jul 2, 2013.

1. mgjackson68

mgjackson68 Bobtail Member

Aug 24, 2018
    I have never worked for Stan's. I am from the area (Wessington Springs) and know several of the Kopfmanns. Stan and my step-father did some business back in the day, and a member of the Kopfmann family recently bought my parents' home.

I know a few people at Stan's who have been there for years. That does not happen at a bad company.

As far as Stan's not being OTR, I have no idea what you mean by that. We run 34 states (no Northeast) and I see Stan's trucks everywhere I run.

I am very happy with my current company (refrigerated carrier based in Sioux Falls), but if I wanted to get back to the hometown area I would look at Stan's.

bzinger and GladhandSW Thank this.
  2. GladhandSW

GladhandSW Light Load Member

Jun 19, 2018
    Ended up sitting in Underwood for a while before leaving. The wind gusts were too bad to drive in. Later in the day I eventually made it to Laurens.

This morning made my way back to Alpena and enjoyed employee appreciation day. Had some good food. Eventually made my way to where I am now in Underwood again. Pick up in Omaha after I deliver in the morning. Head back to Alpena and then reset.

Probably will do one more Underwood load and then go to Le Mars, IA to pick up the load going home. Ready for some days off.

Vic Firth, Rugerfan and bzinger Thank this.
  3. GladhandSW

Jun 19, 2018
    Yesterday just went down to Underwood to deliver and then came up to Le Mars, IA. Stayed the night at the place I am picking up at and currently getting loaded. Need a full clock if I want to make it down to Paul's Valley, OK today. Got a delivery in the morning. Then another stop in Los Lunas, NM. Hopefully it's a smooth ride without too many hiccups.

Vic Firth, bzinger and Rugerfan Thank this.
  4. GladhandSW

Jun 19, 2018
    Sitting in a door in Los Lunas. Get a nice long ride empty to the house after this. Other day the Paul's Valley part went smoothly.

Was able to deliver and then drive to Russell's on i40. Worked for the one in Springer, NM on i25 before I became a driver. Always like going to the diner to get a taste of home.

Ready for some days off. Ended up calling off some plans due to coronavirus shutting them down. Sucks but still looking forward to having some beers and lounging around.

5. GladhandSW

Jun 19, 2018
    Got back on the road Monday. Left the house to pick up a load in Dalhart,TX going to Carthage, MO. Delivered that load last night and now I am getting loaded in Edwardsville, KS.

This evening I'll deliver in Council Bluffs, IA. Then pick up in Hospers, IA going to San Jose, CA. Already getting back after it. I like my runs from the Midwest to California.

Hope this whole virus thing passes soon. Tired of hearing about it.

6. GladhandSW

Jun 19, 2018
    Spent most of my day sitting around in Hospers waiting to get loaded. As soon as I was in a door it was quick though. Gotta say the squeals of pigs going into a slaughter house is brutal.

Made it to the petro in York, NE. Shutting down here for the night. Should make time to San Jose regardless.

bzinger Thanks this.
  7. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    That used to be a packer land cattle kill plant .

GladhandSW Thanks this.
  8. GladhandSW

Jun 19, 2018
    Nice trip from the Midwest to California. Sitting at the Petro in Santa Nella, CA doing a reset. Pick up in Fresno on Wednesday going back to Alpena. Delivery went smoothly at Smithfield in San Jose. People were nice and the back wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be. Wouldn't mind going back.

Vic Firth, bzinger and radioshark Thank this.
  9. GladhandSW

Jun 19, 2018
    Been a while since I posted. I am still employed at Stan's. Things slowed down a bit due to an outbreak at the Alpena factory, but the Jack Links work has started to pick up again.

Currently in a door at US Foods in Oklahoma City. Pick up in Booker, TX afterwards.

Vic Firth, Lonesome and bzinger Thank this.
  10. NYSuperTrucker

NYSuperTrucker Light Load Member

Dec 22, 2010
    Twin Cities MN
    Been somewhat following your post, good stuff...I honestly never knew there were all these Jacks Links plants all around the Midwest, I always assumed it was the main SD one...thanks for that knowledge!

bzinger Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.