Stan's Inc., Alpena, SD

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by MrEd, Jul 2, 2013.

1. GladhandSW

GladhandSW Light Load Member

Jun 19, 2018
    Thanks for reading. Yeah they have 5 production facilities. All located in small towns nowhere near big cities. The biggest city Jack Links is in is Mankato and Mankato ain't no city.

bzinger Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. GladhandSW

Jun 19, 2018
    Made it to Pratt,KS after picking up in Booker. Pretty routine run. Especially love Wisconsin this time of year it's not cold and loaded up with snow.

Lonesome and bzinger Thank this.
  4. GladhandSW

Jun 19, 2018
    Made it to Minong without much issue. Pick up on the other side of the building after I deliver going back down to Underwood, IA. Crazy to think I have almost been at Stan's for a year now. A year at Swift felt like an eternity and I was there for 3 years

TB John, Vic Firth, Lonesome and 2 others Thank this.
  5. GladhandSW

Jun 19, 2018
    Today the roads were quite crowded in Minnesota. Glad to be back into Iowa. No appointments are available for tomorrow so they got me dropping in Underwood at our drop yard. Picking up in Le Mars, IA going to Lansing,MI bet you guys could easily guess where it's picking up and where it's going.

6. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Blue bunny ?

Vic Firth and GladhandSW Thank this.
  7. GladhandSW

Jun 19, 2018
    Yup. Glad I'm not taking an ice cream load down south again. The heat in Texas did a number on the old reefer I had.

Vic Firth, Orange713 and bzinger Thank this.
  8. GladhandSW

Jun 19, 2018
    Waited around yesterday for the load to be ready and now I get to wait around at Meijer in Lansing, MI. Seems like it's going to be one of those slower than molasses weeks. Hopefully they unload me on time but I doubt they will.

radioshark, Vic Firth and bzinger Thank this.
  9. GladhandSW

Jun 19, 2018
    Sitting at a TA in Denmark, TN. After I delivered I went to Romulus, Mi to pick up going to Memphis, TN. Delivers in the morning. Not a good week mile wise.

It's just how it goes sometimes. The freight isn't there or isn't paying. Not sure, but I will stay positive regardless and enjoy the extra time I have this week to read more.

Vic Firth, bzinger, TB John and 2 others Thank this.
  10. GladhandSW

Jun 19, 2018
    Just got a phone call. Got a load picking up at Coors going to Golden, CO thinking it's probably dunnage from a distributor. Either way nice to see a bit longer run. Should go smoothly as long as Kroger doesn't give me hell in the morning. I am just bringing freight from another Kroger warehouse so hopefully they don't take too long.

Vic Firth, bzinger and Lonesome Thank this.
  11. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Allow at least 30 minutes to get checked in at golden and dont bother getting there to early either .

GladhandSW and Vic Firth Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.