Stan's Inc., Alpena, SD

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by MrEd, Jul 2, 2013.

1. GladhandSW

GladhandSW Light Load Member

Jun 19, 2018
    Finishing up the reset in the yard. Run a load down to Underwood, IA in the morning. Then roll over to Gordon, NE to pick up going to Laurens, IA

Rugerfan Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Two Crows

Two Crows Bobtail Member

Jul 14, 2020
    McMinnville, OR
    Cult is a pretty fit description.

4. GladhandSW

GladhandSW Light Load Member

Jun 19, 2018
    Put in my two weeks notice. Leaving to go local. Not sure what local job I will be doing but I am planning on moving to Phoenix. I been living in a truck most of the time since 2016.

I started at 21 and I am 25 now. Want time to do things with people my age, no hate to my older friends just nice to spend time with people my age.

I know I won't have much of a life until I bid a route but until then I will keep my head down and work hard. I plan to make a diary of sorts for that experience as well.

Stan's was a great company to work for. Don't mind the post before this one. Also ignored that person so they can say whatever they want I really don't care.

If you want everything to be perfect then don't be a truck driver. They did everything that I needed them to do. Made consistent money, had good hometime, and overall a very easy company to work for. If I ever decide to live in a truck I will quickly come back to Stan's. Thanks everyone for following along! Until next time! Keep the shiny side up.

5. Dockbumper

Dockbumper Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2020
    Good for you. Yes, I think a young man like yourself needs to settle in and build a network of friends and peers aside from your old high school buddies. You started at 21 and lasted 4 years OTR. You are in a very small group that have accomplished that. Congratulations! You know how this business works now and what to look for in a new Company to drive local. Phoenix is a huge hub for trucking, not to mention the amount of local work available in a large metropolitan area. Maybe Chinatown has some suggestions for local work in the Phoenix area. Best of luck to you!

bzinger, 650cat425 and GladhandSW Thank this.
  6. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    @Chinatown

Chinatown Thanks this.
  7. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    @Dave_in_AZ probably has some good leads in Phoenix for local work.
    ~
    Clean Harbors probably has good pay and benefits.
    Clean Harbors
    Website
    Directions
    1340 W Lincoln St, Phoenix, AZ 85007
    Our private fleet of more than 8,000 vehicles operated by more than 4,000 company drivers covers a wide range of trucking and equipment operating careers.

Clean Harbor's fleet includes Box trucks, Tankers, Dry Vans, End Dumps, Roll-offs, Vacuum trucks, Combos, and more to complete our work. We have local, regional and Over-the-Road roles. Our work utilizes both CDL Class A and Class B drivers.

Bumper Thanks this.
  8. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    Hey buddy. We have made our big move from Reno to Bristol Tennessee area. Getting ready to move into our new place and then its back to work for me. Have enjoyed my two months off though. Just applied with Walmart out of their Midway TN DC. We shall see.....

Chinatown Thanks this.
  9. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Beautiful area. You'll have the 4 seasons there also.
    Best wishes with Walmart; can live the good life on that pay.
    ~
    Bristol, TN - Official Website | Official Website
    https://www.bristoltn.org
    Bristol, Tennessee Receives $500,000 Site Development Grant to Prepare a Pad-Ready Site Bristol Tennessee Essential Services (BTES) was awarded $500,000 from Tennessee Governor Bill Lee as part of the Site Development Grant Program that helps …

Bumper Thanks this.
  10. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
  11. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    @GladhandSW
    United Petroleum Transports
    We are currently searching for Company Drivers for our terminal in Phoenix, AZ!
    Click ---> Apply On Company Site
    • Earn Up to $84,000+ Yearly
    • Local: Home Every Day/Night

Bumper Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.