Star Trucking,TN - There are better places

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by driven2it2, May 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. driven2it2

driven2it2 Bobtail Member

May 14, 2018
    LOL, that's right.... Judge Judy doesn't put up with hear say. In fact, she doesn't put up with too much.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. shogun

shogun Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Doing a regen
    Ooh, totally burned me. Here’s something interesting you could do. Since I sound like I might be recruiting, go up and search posts I have made telling people to look into Star, Carter Express, Universal, and others that haul auto parts. (I don’t even try to get people to work where I work unless they ask me in a PM.) These posts were made months, years before you joined. I guess you will say I am a recruiter for trucking companies that haul auto parts now?

Or you can stop by Newbern, Tennessee Monday morning around 730 and see me delivering my load.(there goes the recruiter theory) Should I give this IPad to my folks that live in Memphis? Let me check and see if my wife can sue me for that since she bought it. Thanks again times a million!

4. driven2it2

driven2it2 Bobtail Member

May 14, 2018
    My last response to you....

Amazing...... you have turned this post around till it's about you.
    Driver, get some professional help, seriously.

There are better places to work

Thanks again...

5. shogun

shogun Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Doing a regen
    Will do. At least you called me driver. I am now searching for help. (Having passed the MMPI test, several thorough backgrounds, two psych evaluations and whatnot to be a police officer I am not sure where to start ). Must’ve slipped through the cracks. Care to share your psychiatrist’s name?

ATTENTION EVERYONE FROM THIS POINT FORWARD, DO NOT WORK FOR STAR TRUCKING (can’t even get their name right). Random person who joined the forum to badmouth them says so, tons of credibility. There are better places to work. LTL, Heavy Haul, Tanker, O/O with own authority, car hauling, etc. (YRC tops out @ .64 cpm) hows that????

You’re welcome again!!!!

6. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    People should conclude that drivers often have different experiences working for the same company through no fault of their own.
    I can distinguish between legit criticism of a company & someone who is just butthurt because they got thrown to the curb for being a knucklehead.
    If your a fanboy of this company here is a place to tell everyone
    Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here
    Lets keep retorts to specific knowledge you have that makes what the OP says untrue & be a fanboy in the proper forum.

7. shogun

shogun Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Doing a regen
    Where I live in Mississippi, there is a good chance you will haul auto parts for Nissan. The carriers that run down here are Star, Universal,U.S Express, Venture Express, Averitt Express, STS, Carter Express and a few others that are strictly dedicated.

So when a person doesn’t like the company, there is a really good chance they will go to a competing company. I maintain contact with several of these drivers, some who have gone to Star. They run dedicated OTR runs just like the company I work for, home every other day runs. Runs to Laredo, Shelbyville, Indiana, various spots in Georgia, Missouri, Kentucky, Ohio and a few others within 650-800 miles of Nissan.

Nissan freight slows down at the beginning of the year temporarily, but it starts fairly strong in February and runs til the last week of June, then after July 4th strong until Christmas. I have worked for a company that hauls Nissan for 7 years and I know the game in and out. Star’s pay has always been a little bit better than my company on the home daily runs for the same account.

If no one ever works for Star again, I couldn’t care less. I tend to discount people who start threads to badmouth a company and then disappear within a few days, seeming like they have an axe to grind. After seeing Star’s trucks day in and out for years at the same plant, I can say that what I know is quite different. I can say seeing my friends check stubs, they are compensated fairly. I have a nice setup where I work so I have no desire to go to another carrier, heck I can leave trucking tomorrow and be just fine. There are plenty of companies better than Star I am sure, but there are worse too.

Last edited: May 20, 2018
  8. 06driver

06driver Road Train Member

May 28, 2017
    All of those folks have a ton of turn over.

When Titan used to run all the Calsonic stuff (lost to Venture Express) drivers bounced like ping pong balls from one to another and another..........

Probably an OK 40-45k a year job.

shogun Thanks this.
  9. shogun

shogun Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Doing a regen
    I forgot about Titan. I can say that the job pays a lot better than 45k. Some of those runs are dedicated 3600 miles a week, and most companies pay .40 cpm or better OTR, home every other day. That’s $1440 a week before any bonuses. If you work that 48 weeks a year and don’t get paid for the other 4, that’s still $69k a year before bonuses. I have several friends that have runs those type runs for years, and then make another $4-500 a month in fuel and safety bonuses. Considering the cost of living down here, $55-$75k a year is a pretty decent living. A home daily person working 6 days a week, which is one too many for me, can make between $12-1300 gross.

06driver Thanks this.
  10. 06driver

06driver Road Train Member

May 28, 2017
    I have been gone from Titan for years. They used to top out at $.42 but their dedicated stuff was a flat $.38. One of the many reasons I never went out for the Lewisburg-Canton run. I did it alot, but was never "dedicated".

Used to have to log illegally to pull the turn and I never would. Venture just does day cab relays down to Hartselle and then another guy does Hartselle to Canton.

I agree probably not a bad job for the area.

shogun Thanks this.
  11. Hotplate

Hotplate Medium Load Member

Sep 20, 2015
    .40 cpm? That might have been decent trucking wages 20 years ago.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.