Start training hauling Loves fuel, any advice?

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by AtlantaTrucker, Jan 3, 2017.

1. moloko

moloko Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2012
    seattle, wa
    That's basically true. Sometimes you have three or four products on one load. Sometimes those are on different accounts ("pull points" , a series of numbers to bill the appropriate customer). Sometimes we have to go to at least two racks when the other rack runs out of allocation. Hauling DEF only seems like a cool gig. No worries about cross-dumping at the station... good luck driver

AtlantaTrucker Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mullet_Head87

Mullet_Head87 Medium Load Member

Apr 19, 2014
    Clearwater
    Do me a favor and turn the pressure up on them def pumps. I gots to go! Don't have 20 min to pump def.

4. AtlantaTrucker

AtlantaTrucker Bobtail Member

Sep 28, 2013
    Home every night and off sundays and mondays. Hiring manager says he lets drivers workout their start times since we slip seat. He actually said I'll be in a new truck say I can have days or nights. I'm thinking starting at 3a, so next driver he hires starts at 3p or whatever can crawl out of atl before rush hour. Still, that's really early for me lol but I guesss I could get used to it

5. AtlantaTrucker

Sep 28, 2013
    Thanks moloko! Will see how it goes when I start. Just hope it's not to good to be true.

6. AtlantaTrucker

Sep 28, 2013
    Amen! Who ever designed the actual pump handle, should be taken out behind the barn and shot. You fiddle fart with it just to get it to pump much less the low pressure taking forever.

RockinChair, RedRover and iraqralph43 Thank this.
  7. tbdieseltrucking

tbdieseltrucking Light Load Member

Jan 4, 2017
    Stuck in a Rut
    I haven't hauled DEF, just a 5 compartment 12,000 trailer doing petroleum. Best advice I can give is to listen to your trainer, take lots of notes, and most important, set up a ROUTINE. The job will be easy, if you get a routine. Do the same thing every stop. Also have some flexibility in your schedule. Most places can't retain drivers in this market because they want to work M-F banker hours. Good Luck!!

AtlantaTrucker Thanks this.
  8. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
  9. AtlantaTrucker

Sep 28, 2013
    Thanks brother for the reply and help. I would have started nights had they asked I don't care lol this otr #### is getting old lol

10. AtlantaTrucker

Sep 28, 2013
    I'll probably be parking at the terminal in Morrow as far as I know

TROOPER to TRUCKER Thanks this.
  11. tbdieseltrucking

tbdieseltrucking Light Load Member

Jan 4, 2017
    Stuck in a Rut
    Yes Sir...never did true OTR. Local and regional since 1998. You're welcome on the help....anytime. I did days, but through the weekend on petroleum. Saturday and Sunday were the $$$ days. Quiet at the rack....market wasn't moving, it was nice.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.