Started Local P&D Job After 8 years OTR. Goodbye K&B, Hello MME!

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Bakari742, Aug 23, 2018.

1. Ray Strack

Ray Strack Medium Load Member

Oct 13, 2017
    Sounds like your area is hurting for drivers. No sign on bonus for me. Same starting pay, premium health insurance for free, or even better coverage for $10 a week with no deductible or limits on either plan. All our work is conducted on a galaxy s8 phone. Company treats us right.

Bakari742 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ian Swenson

Ian Swenson Bobtail Member

Jan 21, 2016
    I work for me as well doing line haul. No complaints so far. Hope it goes well for you.

Bakari742 Thanks this.
  4. Bakari742

Bakari742 Road Train Member

Jan 30, 2016
    United States
    Same here, they offer all employees FREE High Deductable Health Plan with associated Health Savings Account. So far so good

Ray Strack Thanks this.
  5. Bakari742

Jan 30, 2016
    United States
    I’m glad you’re liking it over here. This was my first week and I’m really happy and I hope it stays this way

6. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    I hate driving into Lost Angeles as an OTR driver, let alone a local delivery. You can keep it.

When i hit 65 i quit doing 3 things. Loading trailers, unloading trailers and dragging chains around in the ice and snow. That’s for you young guys with a lot more of life ahead of you. But I’m glad you have found a good place to work. I have too and will continue with them after my move to the Reno Nevada area.

Bakari742 Thanks this.
  7. Bakari742

Jan 30, 2016
    United States
    I live in the Midwest so P&D here isn’t as hard as it is in Los Angeles and other major cities. And the other thing I like about MME is that we don’t load and unload our trucka at the terminal, they have dock workers to do it for us.

Bumper Thanks this.
  8. Bakari742

Jan 30, 2016
    United States
    Quick update:

It’s been a month and half now and I think it’s time to for a quick update and little comparison with my current and last company. Comparing my previous OTR job at K&B Transportation and my current Local P&D job here at Midwest Motor Express.

- They both have a really good pay package.
    - They both have amazing and easy to deal office personnel.
    - Both companies have new and well maintained equipments.
    - Both companies have good benefits with MME offering better health insurance coverage.
    - K&B paid me $200+ more per week than what I’m making here at MME (I’m still making more per day here at MME than at K&B).
    - MME provides uniforms to all employees every 90 days (because they’re local).
    - K&B has better safety and referral bonuses than MME.
    - MME pays all national holidays compared to K&B’s Christmas only pay (I could be wrong with K&B but the only holiday pay I received while I was there was Christmas Day).
    - They both have good terminals/yards.

All in all, I think K&B has some things that I really miss and MME has more things that I have been looking for. I’m really loving this 9-5 a weekends off gig. I don’t think I’ll ever go back to OTR driving again.

Suspect Zero and Lonesome Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.