Starting a Frac Sand Hauling Business

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Safeclean Services, Dec 31, 2011.

1. denton

denton Light Load Member

Max mahan hauls our sand out in west texas

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dirtworx4me

dirtworx4me Bobtail Member

May 13, 2012
    San Antonio, TX
    I am interested in doing the above for the Eagle Ford only. My goal would be to get the rates to a fair price for all involved. Your service would dictate at that point how much work your company would have! I don't see the $7.00 a mile coming back but none of us can continue to run just to cover the cost of equipment. Driver selection will only get worse if we do not get the rates up which will cost owner in equipment repairs and effect the quality of service to the customers.

4. dmeyers

dmeyers Bobtail Member

Apr 20, 2012
    dallas texas
    Its not just down south that the rates have gone down, its everywhere. But I like the idea. Good luck with it.

5. dirtworx4me

dirtworx4me Bobtail Member

May 13, 2012
    San Antonio, TX
    We will see how it plays out. I personally am tired of waiting on something to happen for the rates to be adjusted. Its frustrating to hear your customers tell you how great your service is and then follow that up with "but your rates are too high". We have seen some of our customers vendors list and how they are ranked by price and we are still the highest paid vendor in most cases. However the rates we have are not good. For instance with one of our customers we are ranked at number 6 based on price. They are only allowed to use the top six vendors based on price. That is dictated by corporate. I don't see how the 5 vendors below us can go much longer at their rates being as they are lower than ours. So that is why I am trying to do this. I have trucks running in other parts of the country that are making twice what they are in the Eagle Ford. We also have trucks running gravel and they are consistantly making as much if not more than our sand trucks and the drivers are home every night. That creates a unique challenge when trying to hire drivers to haul sand where they can not go home every night.

6. dmeyers

dmeyers Bobtail Member

Apr 20, 2012
    dallas texas
    Denton,

You must be with Pioneer, I understand they pull most of your sand for you. The company we left a while back kept telling that they were going to be pulling of Pioneer, but it never materialized. The last I heard, they only have half of the trucks they used to have and even those are looking because of lack of work. I am so glad we left when we did.

7. peterbuilt4022

peterbuilt4022 Bobtail Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Channelview,TX
    I am with you on this and I think its a great idea will call another company tomorrow to see what can be done I will give him your # to call you and am getting my info together to send back to get on the road Beau

8. peterbuilt4022

peterbuilt4022 Bobtail Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Channelview,TX
    SNI sure screwed up the works just like they did in the van freight for the rates and their people just dont know how to handle the pressure Beau

9. haulhand

haulhand Road Train Member

Correct me if I am wrong here but what you are suggesting is borderline collusion and is therefore illegal. Besides that if just a couple outfits don't agree and still cut the price your not going to get anymore work out of it. I've been in the patch a long time and this is something that happens that's why if your going to survive you have to get your nut while it's there a d put it away for when it's not.

---
    - Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. dmeyers

dmeyers Bobtail Member

Apr 20, 2012
    dallas texas
    It does sound like collusion, but it also sounds like organizing labor, so one or the other. But your right Haulhand, you do have to put it away while you can. People like SNI will always be there to undercut and screw things up. Its only a matter of time before they are thrown off of most of the wells because they are hiring rookie drivers, not professionals. Good luck guys

11. 2fuzy

2fuzy Road Train Member

Jun 19, 2008
    Granite Canon,WY
    For what its worth yours ain't the only gig these fools are screwing

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.