Starting a supplement company just for truckers.

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by seattle_ownerop, Apr 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Great.
    Another processed junk food snack to buy at high cost in truck stops.
    Just what we need.

I see a lot of hot air talk about packaging, branding and 'everything that will be dedicated to truckers', but I have yet to see what you are actually planning on making that is so good for us.

That and your other replies in this thread reminds me of a car salesman or someone selling snake oil.

"I have made the note of that and going to tell the Formulator to make sure..."
    Really?
    Really?!!!

ZVar, nredfor88, magoo68 and 3 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    There is enough healrhy foods to get by.

4. seattle_ownerop

seattle_ownerop Bobtail Member

Apr 5, 2020
    Hey brother! I hope you are doing great and staying safe and healthy. I am here to tell you that I am not a salesman who wants to make couple extra bucks off of you or anyone here. I make plenty of money driving my own truck, I am home every night and get my weekends off. I know things are hard right now with this #### virus and I hope it gets better for my fellow truckers but I am blessed with a great broker who actually cares about drivers not just his own margins. My work is pretty busy and consistent. I am here to help if anyone based of WA wants me to hook him/her to my broker.
    Anyways, it looks like you are not on board with my idea which is totally okay, I am not going to throw some processed junk food out there and actually going to work with professional who knows what they are doing. That’s why I said I am going to bring that to my formulator to fix that problem, he actually brought up a great point. Hell, I haven’t even decided what name I am going to use for the brand but I will tell you that brand name, packaging and everything else is going to have trucker written all over it. That’s why I was encouraging everyone to like my page because I am starting everything from scratch and going to discuss every step with my fellow truckers like what brand name should we use, what design do you like better, even what first product should I be launching- protein bars or shake, protein powder, vitamins, immune support or whatever, everything will be discussed there and decision will be made upon what gets the most votes. I don’t care if non truckers don’t buy it cause the branding will be dedicated to truckers, not to anyone else. I know there are so many other options out there but don’t you think something that truckers can call their own and something that is actually a better quality will be a better options for them? If someone buys it, like it and it becomes part of their journey because the product is actually good and helps them I think my investment will be worth it. I am even going to give away the product when it’s launched to very first 50 or 100 followers of the page just as a thank you for joining and supporting in this journey, you can see the attached screenshot. If you wanna support it, I would love to see you there, here is the link- Better health of Truckers
    And if you decide not to, Still wish you the best and thank you for doing what you do ❤️ B0979891-F5C3-45E4-80AF-A8AE83BACDF9.png

5. seattle_ownerop

Apr 5, 2020
    Hi Lenny, I totally agree to your point. It makes sense and yes driving long hours could do many things with the stamina and energy level. People say trucking ain’t that hard cause you are just supposed to sit and drive which I call BS. I wish it was that easy. Weightlifting seems impossible after a long day at work. I know there are different benefits to supplements and weightlifting but I am just trying to bring something to the market that can help truckers in that area. It’s a big paining point.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  6. seattle_ownerop

Apr 5, 2020
    Just trying to bring better options to the market.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  7. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    I supplement my meals...

Usually with gravy. :D

AModelCat and magoo68 Thank this.
  8. mover man

mover man Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2010
    You want my .02? Your wasting 6pur tim3 and money. Over the past 30 years I've been put here. Health foods, energy drinks, vitamin supplements, work out plans, gyms, diets, exercise equipment to use in or out of truck. I've seen it tried multiple times and failed every time. Truth is truckers are fat and out of shape cause we choose/want to be.
    When I started I was still lean and mean. I said I would NEVER be one of "those" guys. Yet over the years, less exercise, park closer to building, smoke more. To the point where I want the results, but honestly I'm not willing to do the work. No OTR driver out here has an excuse. To be dirty, or fat and out of shape. Were mandated to take a 30 minute break. Get your shower bag ready in advance. That time can be used to shower. Were mandated to take 10 hours off. That's time to work out, inside truck stop gym, or a real gym, power walk the truck stop lot, go for a bicycle ride, or other things. When we eat it doesnt have to be fried, salad doesn't have to have ranch dressing. There are a thousand things we can do. Most of them small but add up. Were fat lazy out of shape drivers. Because that is what we chose to be.

rickyboricky and buzzarddriver Thank this.
  9. magoo68

magoo68 Road Train Member

Jun 11, 2011
    st malo mb canada
    Hey branding and hot air made some people millions selling a magic pipe ( turbo 3000) .. people only need to believe something works and they subconsciously do the right thing which does the real work..

10. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    You know what?
    You sound EXACTLY like Trump whenever he opens his mouth.

Don't get me wrong, I am not a Trump hater. I think he has been good for this country in many ways.
    But you both like to open up your trap and then say absolutely nothing in the process.

I might have a snack while driving, and it doesn't matter what it is. It is just to fill a small void until I can shut down to cook a real meal that is actually healthy.
    It will take about 2 hours to cook everything, and I plan my time around it - usually.

I still have not heard a word from you about the actual product.
    Not a peep.
    With you it is all about the branding and packaging, and that is simply the lure to a fish.

Just like Trump.

11. Mid-May Trucker

Mid-May Trucker Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2018
    How are you going to compete against horny goat weed?

Moosetek13 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.