Starting as a newbie in North East Indiana! (Advice is VERY welcome)

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by WelshGuy, Apr 12, 2018.

1. WelshGuy

WelshGuy Bobtail Member

Apr 2, 2018
    Hey all,

I'm planning on making a move to Northeast Indiana (Fort Wayne area) and am looking for advice on paid training companies. No kids, downsized the house, and I've got about 20 years until I can retire.

I have no problem paying my dues for a year and using that time to learn and gain experience. Finances are good so I'm not desperate either.

Any advice on companies in that area that have paid training and don't "suck the bank account dry" repaying them?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Roehl Transport pays you $500.00 weekly to attend their cdl school in Gary,IN
    Schneider will pay for cdl school and also has their own school in Gary,IN and also pays for private cdl school.
    For the best money over a career, I'd get started with tankers and Schneider is a good place for tanker training.
    Talk to a Schneider recruiter and tell him you want tankers with company paid training.
    You can also attend a private school on your own, then some companies will reimburse the tuition back to you in monthly installments. Schneider reimburses up to $7000.00
    @WelshGuy - companies I've listed do hair follicle drug test. If you want urine test only; have to find other companies.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
    WelshGuy Thanks this.
  4. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Praxair - Ft. Wayne - you'd have to attend an approved private school for this one.
    Praxair Distribution, Inc., a subsidiary of Praxair, Inc., a Fortune 300 company that supplies atmospheric, process, specialty gases, high-performance coatings, and related services & technologies is seeking a Truck Driver (CDL A or B) to join our team located in Fort Wayne, IN.
    Have at least two years driving experience or have completed a course of instruction from a truck driver training school that operates equipment similar to Praxair's.
    [​IMG]

WelshGuy Thanks this.
  5. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Schneider Bulk
    Driver - Over-the-Road (OTR) Tanker Truck Driver - Class A CDL - Fort Wayne, IN
    Live within 75 miles of Fort Wayne, IN
    Over-the-Road (OTR) Tanker CDL truck drivers travel the country and earn up to $0.52 per mile* with a weekly performance pay up to $0.04 per mile (up to $77,000 per year with accessorial pay). OTR Tanker drivers also have a flexible time off program with six days off each month. Schneider provides industry-leading paid training to all Tanker drivers - no tanker experience required.
    Up to $7,000 tuition reimbursement (paid at $200/month) for qualified drivers.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
    WelshGuy Thanks this.
  6. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Gemini Motor Freight - Woodburn,IN - tanker work for Love's Truck Stops
    EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE: Note - experience or cdl school grad from an approved school.
    2 years of verifiable over-the-road driving experience or certification from accredited truck driving academy.
    upload_2018-4-13_8-47-4.jpeg

WelshGuy Thanks this.
  7. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Here's a team operation with Schneider.
    No team partner to driver with? No problem! We'll help you find one.
    Dedicated Harley-Davidson account.
    Truck Driver Qualifications:
    Valid Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
    Live within 50 miles of Fort Wayne, IN
    Up to $7,000 tuition reimbursement (paid at $200/month) for qualified drivers.
    [​IMG]

WelshGuy Thanks this.
  8. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Contract Freighters - www.cfidrive.com - has paid training.
    Company-paid Tuition
    With a 12-month commitment to drive for CFI, qualified students can now receive fully paid tuition to attend driving school in Missouri. We’ll even cover your room and board for the duration of the four-week course.
    upload_2018-4-13_10-34-47.jpeg

WelshGuy Thanks this.
  9. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    FFE (Frozen Food Express) - has cdl school in Chicago Heights. They might bend the rules a little and approve you since you will be so close. Coast to coast refrigerated trucking.
    [​IMG]

WelshGuy Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.