Starting at seward motor freight On 09/19/2016

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by jeff18, Sep 16, 2016.

1. jeff18

jeff18 Medium Load Member

Dec 8, 2014
    pittsburgh, pa
    have been away from otr trucking for the last year and a half. starting with this company on 09/19/2016 i will post or try to post at least once a week. any one else ever work there please feel free to comment. orientation on monday. i have had several other offers. including some dedicated offers through schnieder and some others. but i like the smaller company feel to this so ultimately chose them. i do know already i will either be in a pete or a volvo or a international. i believe i will be in a peterbilt. based off what operations have told me. straight ten speed. looking forward to this journey.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    Best of luck to you.

jeff18 Thanks this.
  4. FlexinTarzan

FlexinTarzan Medium Load Member

Jan 8, 2012
    Stanfield, OR
    Maybe you should have researched Freemont Contract Carriers out of Freemont,NE before pulling the trigger on Seward- My 02 Cents... Good Luck !

jeff18 Thanks this.
  5. jeff18

Dec 8, 2014
    pittsburgh, pa
    may i ask why? please keep pn mind that in the last 3 years i only have 6 months otr. all time since 1998 1 have about11 years otr. but i stopped driving otr from 2007 to 2015

6. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    Seward use to be an OK operation, but, be very careful with them !

7. jeff18

Dec 8, 2014
    pittsburgh, pa
    Well it has been a week and a half. First week after orientation was 2500 miles. Hotel was travel lodge in lincoln. Room to yourself. I flew to orientation. If your closer than me they rent you a car. Breakfast at hotel. Lunch hour provided by company. On your own for dinner. Trucks. Mostly Volvo 660s with I shift. I have a Pete 387. Straight ten. Not a bad company so far. And not great either. They haul everywhere except to the coasts
    . Will post again when I can.

8. jeff18

Dec 8, 2014
    pittsburgh, pa
    ok sorry it has been a while since i posted. been running. my truck pete had some engine codes. so i have switched into a newer volvo. i like the truck except not as much room as the pete. i type this as i am at home for the weekend. miles have been pretty consistent. not great but consistent. have done mostly nebraska iowa areas to ohio and pa. the load i brought home went from omaha ne to washington pa. still have not been here long enough to know or decide if things will be good here.

sevenmph Thanks this.
  9. jeff18

Dec 8, 2014
    pittsburgh, pa
    today is 10/10/2016. just coming off hometime. just got dispatched picking up a load from westernport maryland going to lincoln ne. picking up in the am. delivers on the 13th 9am. will post more as i do more.

10. jeff18

Dec 8, 2014
    pittsburgh, pa
    Ok another update. Delivered my load to Lincoln ne on Thursday. Reloaded from Lincoln to marked tree AR. Reloaded At the receiver in marked tree for lincoln ne. Resetting hours in st Joseph mo. And then delivering Monday in lincoln. Miles right around 2500. Not a bad week or great. See far like the company. Have done quite a bit of compaNY to same company hauls. That makes it nice. Reloading at the same dock you delivered. Can get used to that.

bzinger and Army91W Thank this.
  11. jeff18

Dec 8, 2014
    pittsburgh, pa
    ok.. it has been a couple weeks. just finishing a week that will put me at 2300 miles for the week. not bad.

The_Great_Corn Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.