Starting hot shot trucking with half ton ford f150

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by Alphotshots, Dec 4, 2019.

1. longhaultransport

longhaultransport Light Load Member

Dec 25, 2009
    West Central, Florida
    Maybe, but probably not. Maybe deliver empty utility trailers or horse trailers, that sort of thing.

Never know until you try.

Good luck

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    I've got a 5 point slow as well. I towed a loaded 14 foot cargo trailer about 2,000 kilometers last summer. Probably close to 5k lbs the first trip and about 6k the next trip. If I had to do that more than twice a year I'd buy a real truck. Its not meant to tow regularly or heavy.

DoubleO7 Thanks this.
  4. Zonie

Zonie Light Load Member

Sep 14, 2019
    Not a "V4" an Inline 4. Only Outboard boat motors, old Volvo cars, and some British Fords from the 60s' had a V4. GM will be buying a lot of those iron duke powered trucks back.

We used to call those "Big-10"(Chevy) and "Heavy Half" (GMC)

A Gas Promaster has a Dodge Caravan Minivan powertrain. It is Front Wheel Drive. The only FWD vehicle capable of hauling 12,000LBS is a 73-78 GMC Motorhome and they don't make that transmission anymore.

Yup.
    I pulled a 6,000Lb Travel trailer with a 7,000lb rated half ton. Couldn't pull the hills without overheating.
    Not Fun. I don't do it anymore because if I did, the truck would be dead.

Listen to these guys here. They know what they are talking about. The manufacturers are selling you a load of $#!+. But hey, it's your money.

One last thing you need to understand:

Gasoline is a Solvent.
    Diesel is a Lubricant.

Think about that.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Draft saved Draft deleted