Starting new driving job the 29th. Going with Marten.

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by LooneyTune, Dec 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1laidbacktrucker

1laidbacktrucker Medium Load Member

May 3, 2009
    CHATTANOOGA TN
    well, i guess it was good when i left marten when i did

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LooneyTune

LooneyTune Just plain nuts

Sep 12, 2009
    Ottawa, Illinois
    Meaning?? If you're talking about the sleep study thing, that is not Marten doing that. It is the dot medically certified doctors in certain states that are doing it. Iowa, Minnesota, and Colorado are doing it for sure.

4. 1laidbacktrucker

1laidbacktrucker Medium Load Member

May 3, 2009
    CHATTANOOGA TN
  5. Baritone

Baritone Road Train Member

Aug 9, 2008
    Lexington, Ky
    Great response - it makes me think of a question. I am starting with Millis in two weeks -they are OTR but dont go much past the Mississipi, at least not too often - is that going to hurt me for the future?

6. LooneyTune

Sep 12, 2009
    Ottawa, Illinois
    Baritone, I wouldn't say it would hurt you but it would help to get some mountain experience. Millis does do loads out to California, mostly to the LA area. Ask for one at least that way you will get some mountain experience if you decide down the road to move on.

7. EastPATrkr

EastPATrkr Bobtail Member

Apr 27, 2010
    Somewhere Out There!
    i was just reading about Millis,i guess from what i heard they do alot of beer runs,Anheiuser Busch i believe..

8. Baritone

Baritone Road Train Member

Aug 9, 2008
    Lexington, Ky
    Thanks Looney - I was thinking the same thing. I dont really want to be stuck in the same locations all the time. I want to be able to go just about anywhere. I have my passport so even running to Canada is fine with me.

9. Dryver

Dryver Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Ok LT and Kabar, whatyupto? Can we assume that you are so busy getting 1000's of miles that you don't have time to post?

10. LooneyTune

Sep 12, 2009
    Ottawa, Illinois
    Actually Dryver... I'm sitting in Barstow getting my 34 hour restart. Loaded in Bakersfield yesterday and came straight here... only had 5 left on my 70. Then I get to go cross country to Maryland. :)

Dryver Thanks this.
  11. 18wheels28

18wheels28 Bobtail Member

May 7, 2010
    milwaukee wi
    Well guys I want to say thanks for all the great posts. I am looking to move on to a different company and been doing a lot of homework. This company does not seems like all the other ones if you are willing to work and put up with crap from time to time like you must do everywhere then they will keep you rolling. I do have a few questions for you.... What are the trucks turned down to and is all they have is Pete's and Freightliners. How often do they let you wash your trucks. How is there rider policy and how soon can someone go with you Thanx again for the great info on here

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.