Starting new driving job the 29th. Going with Marten.

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by LooneyTune, Dec 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JustSonny

JustSonny Big Dummy

Oct 22, 2009
    Troutman NC
    2500 miles, give or take......tasty!!!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dryver

Dryver Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Wouldn't we all like to get runs like yours all week long! Nice. I read on other companies that miles are picking up, how is it with Marten?

4. runningman0661

runningman0661 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Clover, South Carolina
    The sleep study is a recommendation, not a rule or law yet. Some companies have made it there company policies to get a head of the curve. Im my opinion....if the goverment puts in a mass body index into play, the country will lose half of the CDL holders out here.

5. rachi

rachi Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    SoCal
    Trucks go 65, also have Kenworth, Wash truck at a terminal,you can take a rider from day one.(cost $5.00 month). All trucks will have E-log by end of year. Keep you moving (pre-plan) but E-log gets in the way often. Take hometime every 2 weeks if you want (3 days off) Stay out 30 days and get 6 days off.Take truck/trl home if you live at more then 75 miles from terminal. Fuel at pilots only. Apu's /Inverters, for microwave,etc.

bigcove Thanks this.
  6. LooneyTune

LooneyTune Just plain nuts

Sep 12, 2009
    Ottawa, Illinois
    It's pretty good here... and yes that run with the deahead is 2900 miles. And yes all of our trucks will be on electronic logs by the end of this year... I'm waiting to pass judgement till after I'm on it.

7. 18wheels28

18wheels28 Bobtail Member

May 7, 2010
    milwaukee wi
    Cool thanks for all the info guys I will keep on looking on here to see how you guys are doing I am not looking to make a move until I get married in the fall cause I need sometime of for that and by then my wife wants to go on the road with me and its just can't do that where I am at now. And as far as the e logs to tell you the truth I started off with them 6 years ago with the first company I was with and to tell you the truth I kinda liked it so going back to them would be so bad

8. Kabar

Kabar Road Train Member

Nov 5, 2008
    Pell City Al
    Sorry it's been so long, Busy running. I was at home for 5 day came back out on Tuesday. Went down to south Alabama and got a load going to Rocky mount N.C. Then p/u a little south of there and went to Washington Court House OH. Delivered there up to Nepoleon OH p/u a load there with way to much time on it so they had me drop it at Indy. Deadheaded from there to St Lou for a beer run to Wausau WI way up at the end of I-39. Sitting about 45 miles away now waiting for the company to decide what they want to do. Was sent to a cheese plant to get a load going to Springfield MO. But Kraft screwed up and gave the load to two different companies.

Dryver Thanks this.
  9. LooneyTune

LooneyTune Just plain nuts

Sep 12, 2009
    Ottawa, Illinois
    After delivery in Maryland, I'm picking up a load to Walmart in Sterling, IL and then it's head for home :)

Dryver Thanks this.
  10. Kabar

Kabar Road Train Member

Nov 5, 2008
    Pell City Al
    Sorry again but they just keep me so busy I don't always find time to get on here. Company got it straight with the cheese company and I went from WI to Springfield MO. Then p/u a load in Joplin MO to Chicago did a drop and hook there to just south of Springfield MA. Just inside the CT border. Then deadheaded up to Haverhill MA. which is up in the N.E. corner of MA. by N.H. Took the rest of Saturday off. P/u my load on Sunday about noon and went down to Marlboro MD just east of Washington D.C. for a late nite del. 2812 miles for the week.

After taking a 34 on Monday I p/u a load Tuesday morning in Baltimore going to Lansing MI. then a p/u in Paw Paw MI that went to Granite City IL (east St Lou) did a drop/hook there going to just west of Milwaukee. Drop/hook there up to Green Bay where I p/u a load this morning going to Phoenix. It drops anytime on Monday by 2200. I'll have it there about 1700. 3478 miles for the week.

When I del this load I'll have 8694 miles for the month and I'll only have been out for 20 days with a week still to go. I'll end up with 11,500+ for this month.

11. CAGEtrucker

CAGEtrucker Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2010
    Somewhere, AZ
    Kabar that is some good miles. AWESOME. be safe out there. I live in Phoenix, be ready we hit 100 today and they say we will hit it again on Monday.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.