Starting new driving job the 29th. Going with Marten.

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by LooneyTune, Dec 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LooneyTune

LooneyTune Just plain nuts

Sep 12, 2009
    Ottawa, Illinois
    Hey Kabar! Same here... been busy, busy, busy! Left the house... went to Maryland and then out to Salt Lake City. Then went down to Phoenix from there and then to the Chicago area... Now I'm heading to Calgary.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. AZ CATS

AZ CATS Light Load Member

Mar 24, 2010
    Tucson,AZ
    Canada again, I am still in school my 2nd week but I applied at Marten last friday waiting to see what happens. They just opened a terminal in Phoenix, so I am hoping I get a call next week. I have prehires with Swift and Prime, also CRST but not sure if I want to do tream. Marten seems to be a good company. Keep us posted on your miles. Also do you know anything about their training how long do they usually keep a recent grad with a trainer? Not a big concern to me just wondering.

4. Dryver

Dryver Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I used to like Canada, a lot of drivers don't want to go up there. I think they are missing out on good miles and its a great place to drive outside of winter. (Quebec is excluded from my comments:biggrin_25524:)

5. Kabar

Kabar Road Train Member

Nov 5, 2008
    Pell City Al
    Sorry AZ CAT, Marten doesn't do students. Unless they changed it you will need 6 mos OTR experience before they will talk with you.

6. AZ CATS

AZ CATS Light Load Member

Mar 24, 2010
    Tucson,AZ
    Understand Kabar, thanks for the reply I was hoping to get on with someone like yourself and learn the ropes. Hopefully you are still there and can take me on as a trainer. If you do that???

7. Kabar

Kabar Road Train Member

Nov 5, 2008
    Pell City Al
    I've done it at other companies and will do it here if they ever decide to do that again.

8. small_time 74

small_time 74 Bobtail Member

Oct 28, 2009
    harpursville NY
    good advice thanksbigkid2

9. LooneyTune

Sep 12, 2009
    Ottawa, Illinois
    Hey guys, hope all is well. I'm on home time right now. The miles are definitely good here. In fact I've had to tell them to take a break because it's been too many miles lately.

10. Dryver

Dryver Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I hope you don't jinx yourself!

11. LooneyTune

Sep 12, 2009
    Ottawa, Illinois
    LOL... nah Dryver, just saying that I have my limitations. I mean I like to run, but I don't feel any driver should have to run him or herself into the ground to make money either. I hit the road this morning, on my way to Philadelphia

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.