Starting new driving job the 29th. Going with Marten.

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by LooneyTune, Dec 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Catmandew69

Catmandew69 Bobtail Member

Jan 21, 2010
    looney'
    I'm from S.C. and they said Alt. Ga. Thanks
    P.S. Still getting good miles?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SmokeMac

SmokeMac Medium Load Member

Jan 31, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Looney great thread, have no desire to do OTR, but very informative thread none the less

4. telcobilly

telcobilly Medium Load Member

Sep 30, 2008
    Laying Low
    13's are WAY easier than 10's and 9's. Less RPM's between shifts so it's easier to float a clean shift. At least it was easier for me..

5. GBRob

GBRob Bobtail Member

May 3, 2009
    Great thread man. Keep us updated! :)

6. LooneyTune

LooneyTune Just plain nuts

Sep 12, 2009
    Ottawa, Illinois
    Well, I get to go to Canada for the first time in nearly a decade. Deadheaded me from the house to Waterloo, IA to Tyson.... should be loaded in the morning and then I head for Calgary. I hear it's much easier in the western provinces versus Ontario and Quebec anyway.

JustSonny and alex94 Thank this.
  7. Kabar

Kabar Road Train Member

Nov 5, 2008
    Pell City Al
    CAT, like looney said. If you want a certain kind of truck just tell your recruiter and if one is open when you get ready for one they will give it to you. I drive an '07 Pete 387 with a 9T2. Some of the Pete's have 9's and some have 13's. When you get to orientation the lady who runs it in Atl is called Kathy. Tell her the big redhead from Alabama say's hey.

8. duddie

duddie Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Parts Unknown
    OKAY FIRST OFF MARTEN SUCKS. I LOVE KATHY THOUGH. IM INTERMODAL AND RETURNING TO MY OLD JOB IN A FEW WEEKS. 160/DAY "SALARY". U WORK 14 HOURS A DAY. WHATS THAT 10/HR. RUN AWAY FROM MARTEN.:biggrin_25513:

9. LooneyTune

Sep 12, 2009
    Ottawa, Illinois
    Hmmm... that's odd. I seem to be doing just fine at Marten. If you're gonna come on here and say they suck, you need to tell everyone why. Don't just say they suck and run away from them and leave it at that. We'd all love to hear what it is about Marten that you think is so awful.

JustSonny and Hitman Thank this.
  10. Dryver

Dryver Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Well said Looney, its all too easy to jump on a thread and dump on a company with no facts. Duddie, your comments seem very hollow and suspect when we have been following Looney for several weeks and he seems to be doing fine, maybe its you and not the company(?)
    Start your own thread and educate us all as to why we should "run away"

Great info Looney, keep it comin, I like the Canada runs, good miles.

LooneyTune Thanks this.
  11. LooneyTune

Sep 12, 2009
    Ottawa, Illinois

Great points Dryver. I don't expect him to respond. Well made into Canada without no problem. Just west of Winnipeg. Gotta be in Calgary Saturday morning. I thought it was cold in Iowa but up here? Yikes!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.