starting TMC in Nov 3

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by MOG, Oct 18, 2008.

1. MOG

MOG Bobtail Member

Oct 18, 2008
    Gainesville,Ga
    Well as the title says i am starting for TMC Nov, 3.

I go for orientation then they tell me probably 4 weeks of training.
    this is what they call experienced driver training. LOL i have been driving a chicken truck for 5 months. full time for 3

I was told by the recruiter that after the training period i would be getting .37 cpm.

I am hoping that the short time I have been driving Chickens around will give me the skills i need to pass the evaluation. I am optimistic about it though because in doing that you learn how to back up and get in and out of really tight places.

I will post my experiences as i can. if it goes bad just move this to bad companies :biggrin_25519:

Last edited: Oct 19, 2008
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. honor roll

honor roll Road Train Member

Mar 7, 2008
    NW OHIO
    Good Luck and Be Safe

4. Lilbit

Lilbit Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Let me check my logbook
    If you've been driving chickens around in a rig for a few months, you should do OK then! Hopefully, you'll get a chance to deal with some snow while you are still with your trainer. My hubby started in October of last year with a trainer, and he got the chance to deal with snow while he was still with the trainer. He knows how to drive properly on snow anyway, but a rig is totally different than a car.

5. Rawlco

Rawlco Medium Load Member

Aug 13, 2006
    Central Maine
  6. thomas

thomas Light Load Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Athens,Al.
    Good Luck and Be Safe!!!!!

7. MOG

MOG Bobtail Member

Oct 18, 2008
    Gainesville,Ga
    Being safe and legal is a priority with me. There are 2 things i wanna learn more than any others first

1. how to do log the right way
    2. load securement and tarping.

8. slodsm

slodsm Light Load Member

Jan 19, 2008
    Tyler TX
    Good luck man, I always wanted to drive for those guys but I just got tired of the BS that goes with OTR driving and went local.

9. kebo072

kebo072 Light Load Member

May 6, 2007
    bristol va
    I thought this was only in the mind of the driver. dancenana.gif

10. MOG

MOG Bobtail Member

Oct 18, 2008
    Gainesville,Ga
    First week.
    day 1 Drug test, road test, math test,general knowledge test and sot treg test (open book)

Day 2 Paper work, paperwork, Paperwork and more paperwork

Day 3 vids and safety training. 3 hrs road training to learn how to shift 13 speed.

I go out with driver trainer on Monday for 4 weeks. so far i am very impressed with the honesty and professionalism that has been displayed by all the people I have met .

More later

melanie Thanks this.
  11. MOG

MOG Bobtail Member

Oct 18, 2008
    Gainesville,Ga
    Left out with driver trainer sunday night with a load shippers directions put us 90 miles from where we needed to be. Kinda funny there were 3 trucks all in wrong location. my trainer made a few phone calls and found the right place and off we went.

Tmc is GREAT ! My wife called Tuesday morning around 1 am. to tell me my mother passed away. I called my training coordinator and there was no problem i was home within 24 hours. we were stuck at terminal for service and repairs after that we had a load back to Ga.

I am on team status with trainer. on first day he rode up front with me to see if i had a clue as to what I was doing. After bout 2 hours he went back to sleeper. I drove about 9 hours before i got to tired to go any more in a safe manner. Could have drove further if it wasn't for the head cold not letting me sleep very well the last 2 nights.

My trainer insists on regular showers ( I like that ) and keeping his truck clean which is cool by me. If I need to stop and stretch or what not just do it. We are concentrating on load securement and logs and i should be ready to go in my own truck in a few weeks.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.