starting to hate flyinj

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by fullthrotle, May 10, 2007.

1. fullthrotle

fullthrotle Bobtail Member

May 10, 2007
    the one here in tulsa is a joke,the food sucks,its expensive,the place is dirty,the folks behind the counter are rude,and 5$ to use the atm

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CommDriver

CommDriver Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2006
    Flying J in Tulsa does suck. Has anyone been to that new truck stop out east on I-44 across from the Q-Trip?

4. TruckerLlew

TruckerLlew Medium Load Member

Jun 30, 2006
    Oklahoma
    That used to be the old Bruce's truckstop years ago. I was in there once back when I first started driving. I haven't been there since the Kicks brand opened up in there. I just noticed it opened this last week when I left the house and headed to Carthage

I wonder if they made any major changes. It's nice they have a new truckstop now in the Tulsa area. The flyingJ is too small to handle as much traffic as it does.

5. Cerberus101

Cerberus101 Heavy Load Member

Oct 25, 2006
    Georgia
    and this is another reason i don't deal with flying j's. they seem to be going downhill and are just a pain in the butt to use. I use T/A 's and Pilots but Loves seem to be the cleanest out here but they are hard to find sometimes.

6. dsober1

dsober1 Bobtail Member

Sep 5, 2006
    Marydel, Delaware
    I too have been avoiding Fly J 4 quite sometime now, only go there 2 prk. Their merchandise, imo, is poor quality n overpriced. The bonus coupons r a gimmick n usually expire b4 u use them. You'll find me @ T/A or Pilot fuel stops.

7. Cerberus101

Cerberus101 Heavy Load Member

Oct 25, 2006
    Georgia

with a name like dsober, maybe you'll bump into me sometime out here and say hi.........

8. 25(2)+2

25(2)+2 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 18, 2006
    the road less travelled
    Some of the best truck-stops and some of the worst are Flying Hooks, I really like the one at South Beloit, IL, and some of the others are pretty good , too.All of the truck-stops around Lake Station, are bad, in my opinion, may as well cook it yourself if you go to the J there, would be much faster. I won't even go in to J off 435 in KC but the one off US 71 at Peculiar, MO gets good marks.

I like Loves too but can't fuel at any of those on network, and I hate paying for a shower if I have to buy fuel somewhere else.

AJ

9. fullthrotle

May 10, 2007
    the new truck stop that is where the bruces was by qt isnt bad,the poeople seem freindly.the only thing i didnt like was that when i tried to fuel there the pump was so slow,i was there 15minutes and all i got was 7 gallons,i ended up having to go to the qt.the lady at the fuel desk said it was becuase they had just filled there tanks and its a problem that only happens right after the top off the inground tanks,they are working onit.the inside was clean but the upstairs part and the restaruant is still undergoing renovation.they are puting in a new tv room and some games and stuff upstairs.hope this info helps you

10. CommDriver

CommDriver Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2006
    I have to fuel at Flyin J but Tulsa really does need more truck stops so it's good to see that one going in where Bruce's was.

Flyin J's usually don't bother me too much except I never eat in the restuarant. But the J in Tulsa, I have noticed, is especially hostile towards truckers like I haven't seen elsewhere.

11. fullthrotle

May 10, 2007
    take my word for it,the one here in t-town is the worst one ive been to,sucky service,rude help,crappy food,long lines.not sure why its like this here but it is.the one just east of joplin has alays been decent though,but ive not been there in two years

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.