Starting with Britton Transport this year. Wish me luck!

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by New/OldSchoolTrucker89, Jan 2, 2019.

1. New/OldSchoolTrucker89

New/OldSchoolTrucker89 Bobtail Member

Apr 29, 2017
    Florida
    I am flying out to there terminal on Sunday the 6th and starting orientation on the 7th. I have a great recruiter and I've already talked to my trainer that I will have. I'm not sure if I am just really nervous about getting back into a truck or just going to a different company. I started out with Prime Inc of April of last year and did their CDL program and was with them until May of 2018. I left for a Family Emergency so I've been out of a truck for only maybe 7 - 8 months but I took a lot of time to figure out where I wanted to go, had many offers and Britton Transport seemed the best, have heard many great things from a handful of people but I wanted to come on here and see if anyone has or still works for them. I am just looking to get more experience, save up plenty of money and eventually get my own truck so hopefully this is the place and things will go good for me. Only want the best for me, of course. Maybe I should have posted this sooner but I am sure things will go great and I have been told I am getting one of the best dispatchers so fingers crossed.

Thanks

Need4Speed, CJ701 and Chinatown Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
  4. bigkev1115

bigkev1115 Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Alexandria, AL
    I work a few miles from Britton. They have very nice equipment like the new Volvo 860s and Cascadia's. Seeing that you re from Florida, I hope you came prepared for some brutal cold weather lol. I m from right above you, and that -50 wind chill last week was awful. As far as the roads in ND in winter, ND is always on top of keeping their roads clean. Good Luck

5. New/OldSchoolTrucker89

Apr 29, 2017
    Florida
    Thanks BigKev. Florida don’t seem to sell enough “winter” clothes so I have two sweaters, lol. I have to buy something up here but it is cold for sure and it’s not even below 0 yet. I love the cold as long as I’m prepared

bigkev1115 Thanks this.
  6. RebelChick

RebelChick Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Coastal VA
    I talked to one of their drivers in a truck stop in TN once. She seemed very happy there. They were in my short list a while ago, but my situation changed so..... Good luck to you. Keep posting so we know how it’s going.

7. New/OldSchoolTrucker89

Apr 29, 2017
    Florida
    Well end of day 2 today. Longer day than Monday. Monday was just drug test, backing assessment and employment paperwork. They bought us lunch. The hotel they got me staying in is very nice. Today (Tuesday) consisted of learning about what they expect, went over Safety Stuff, Benefits, talked with the guy over maintenance, all the paperwork for loads & logs even spoke with the terminal manager. They do have great benefits. I am going out with a trainer for about a month, maybe less but I knew that before coming here. Everyone is so friendly at the Terminal/Home Office. They are a smaller company, little over 100 trucks. I came from Prime Inc so big difference. Terminal is nice, not huge but okay with that. They really do seem to care a lot about the drivers. They pay for a lot like scale tickets at CAT Scales & others, truck parking, 34 hour resets away from home, live loads/unloads, Canada loads, hazmat loads, they have a passenger policy, pet policy, they help with passports, Twic cards, hazmat endorsement, they pay breakdown pay, layover pay, New York burroughs pay, they have reefer/dry & flatbed and other things. They have APUs and Inverters with fridges. They have Automatic Freightliner & Volvo’s. They have an open door policy with everyone in the home office. So far I’m very happy. It’s only been two days but they definitely treat us with respect and haven’t heard on Driver I’ve came across talk poorly about Britton.

I’ll continue to update as new stuff comes up.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2019
    Reason for edit: Referral discussion
  8. drumchaos

drumchaos Light Load Member

Dec 23, 2018
    Nashville, TN
    Any new updates? I see your from Fl. I’m from TN. What are they lanes? Where are they going to have you running? Do they have regional in the southeast? Thanks for any info.

9. New/OldSchoolTrucker89

Apr 29, 2017
    Florida
    Well I just left yesterday morning. I have to do a short train. Headed to PA. Not really sure if they have regional but what I’ve been told it’s usually Midwest to East but I don’t mind going all over honestly. I can get you a phone number and you can talk to them and see what they have for you

drumchaos Thanks this.
  10. bigkev1115

bigkev1115 Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Alexandria, AL
    @drumchaos Your chances of a SE Regional with this company are slim to none. Most of their freight is Midwest to East Coast and back to ND. Companies that are close to Canada do a lot of cross dock and cross border freight. You will see Britton pull a lot of Bison Transportation trailers too.

And like most Midwest companies, if you live down South, they will keep you up North in the winter, and send Northern drivers to the South in the winter

11. intrepidor

intrepidor Medium Load Member

Aug 24, 2017
    Western Iowa
    There's cold and North Dakota cold.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.