Starting with Dart with no experience. My tale from Interview and on going.

Discussion in 'Dart' started by Rookie Driver, Jan 16, 2015.

1. Rookie Driver

Rookie Driver Bobtail Member

Jan 16, 2015
    Not sure of a cap but it doesn't start until after an hour. They normally have a 5.5 day work week for regional. I get home Friday night about half the time and leave home Monday morning. The trucks are only a couple years old or newer. Mine is a Volvo and had just under 200k miles on it when I got it. It is possible you could end up with a Freightliner.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bleemus

Bleemus Bobtail Member

May 2, 2015
    Are you still enjoying it? You last post didn't seem too enthusiastic. It sounded like you were going through the normal rookie stuff getting stuck with some bad loads as a test. Keep us posted!

4. Rookie Driver

Jan 16, 2015
    I haven't regretted the decision of what I'm doing. It was a bad day. I had good days too.

Waggledaddy Thanks this.
  5. Triad

Triad Light Load Member

Apr 15, 2011
    Columbus, OH
    Say hi if you ever swing through the Columbus yard. I'm usually napping in a daycab there, waiting on my second load for the night. Did they offer you any relays? I'm enjoying the deal I got with mine! Home every day and all that. Columbus yard is a bit basic, but it's always fun to sit there and watch Werner drivers who missed their turn try to figure out how to turn around.

RedRover Thanks this.
  6. dekeons

dekeons Bobtail Member

Jul 1, 2013
    Memphis TN
    Does anyone know how they pay you for the 2-3 day upgrade after training? Also i have been following this thread, rookie driver how is it going?

7. orangepicker

orangepicker Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2011
    florida
  8. Rookie Driver

Jan 16, 2015
    Still here at Dart. Waiting to be loaded right now. The company treats me good. I give my dispatcher respect and i get it back. Deeons, if I remember correctly they have me a graduation bonus. I remember not being disappointed with it. Ive been to Ohio a few times in the last month. Mostly to the Dayton area. I have thought about asking g for local or a relay thing but am concerned that it won't pay as well.
    I know there are companies that pay better but it seems like I hear complaining from there drivers. So far I am still happy with Dart.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2015
    Reason for edit: Removed referral bonus solicitation
    FX-4 Man Thanks this.
  9. FX-4 Man

FX-4 Man Bobtail Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Virginia
    Just applied to Dart a minute ago. I just hope Dart runs in and out of Virginia, 'cause I'm not real keen on driving to Minnesota just to get to work.
    Will do it for orientation, but going all that way just to get to work, ain't happening.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2015
    Reason for edit: Edited quote
  10. Rookie Driver

Jan 16, 2015
    There is a location in Georgia that they will probably base you out of. They will probably run you out from your home. I only live 35 miles from the Eagan location so I just keep my truck there on my off time. There has been a couple times I parked at home. Most of my drive time is spent states away.
    The orientation location rotates between there different locations. They will provide transportation for you to get to where it is. They flew me down to Georgia for mine. They took care of the hotel and the ride to the hotel from the airport.

FX-4 Man Thanks this.
  11. FX-4 Man

FX-4 Man Bobtail Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Virginia
    Have yet to hear back from Dart, currently it's 1654 on 11 August.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.