STARWAY TRUCKING! (Canada)THEY DO NOT PAY THEIR DRIVERS

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by PaulaM, May 2, 2017.

1. 2Girls_1Truck

2Girls_1Truck Medium Load Member

May 18, 2014
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Maybe I’m just being naïve, but if it takes forever to arbitrate through Labour, why not just file a civil suit?

It only takes an afternoon and you don’t need a lawyer. You have bank accounts to prove you weren’t remunerated, and a contract stating what the remuneration agreement was. Why waste time with bureaucrats when you have direct access to a court?

Civil Claims

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I was not yet done making popcorn when the D.O.G. Got involved.

That kind of harassing communication by the one threatening poster here in the USA would tack on some more charges I would think. O' Canada don'tcha see your paychecks anymore? Eh? //teasing.

I tell you what. You go buy a large journal book, blank pages with wide ruled lines. Huge something like 11 inches page by 14 inches or so.

Write in each load dispatched, when your 5th wheel hook on... you should have the basic information. Especially the trip number and any other numbers they pay on for this load from your qualcomm etc. Write it all down. Dates and times etc.

Get a green marker and check it off when you recieve your pay properly for a load run. In our time we used to have the occasional 0.00 paychecks with FFE despite 7000 miles run the previous week due to interchanged loads and other paper work grinding out the office.

Once in a while we present this trip informations plural that are not yet paid, say for the previous 6 weeks worked 4 loads not paid, visit the headquarters and talk with the manager. Come up with a comcheck payroll on the spot. Usually a 4 figure one.

I understand that many companys pay situation flow improves alot after our time. One of the last companies I run for OTR paid me when the loaded macro went out on the qualcomm after the 5th wheel hooked on. That allowed me to run the load like a business. Set aside minimum expenses, rest goes to the house (Wife) and some to me. Done.

A very long time ago I worked for a tiny pizza chain in Maryland that not only shorted my pay (Several hundred dollars or so... it actually still is outstanding. Not satisfied) and added a bunch of unpaid child labor under age to that pile.

The state basically put him out of the business and he had to go BK in order to escape the final hammer against his supposed millions in assets. It is actually talked of the town to this day now and then when someone managed to get away with everything.

rolls canardly and 2Girls_1Truck Thank this.
  4. rolls canardly

rolls canardly Road Train Member

Feb 7, 2009
    mt. pocono. pa.
    How in the world do people like that avoid a 2x4 across the back of their stupid head?
    Not that I am advocating violins in the workplace; I hate stringed instruments.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.