State orders stay in place order, an I have health card renewal?

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by amberfeldt, Mar 25, 2020.

1. amberfeldt

amberfeldt Light Load Member

May 20, 2019
    Minnesota
    MN orders stay in place order for Friday the 3/27/2020,due to the EL corona virus an there are orders not to have contact as of now. Have you ran in to this issue yet with renewing, an getting it attached to your DL at the DMV?
    I/we can not go in to offices to take care of this, I am waiting on word but no one has called me back as of this moment when this is posted.any suggestion would be nice

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    4noReason, clausland, booley and 2 others Thank this.
  4. amberfeldt

amberfeldt Light Load Member

May 20, 2019
    Minnesota
  5. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Life as we knew it has been put on hold.

Renewing anything is out of our hands and not possible.

6. buzzarddriver

buzzarddriver Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    The un-intended consequences of the "stay at home" orders will come when they are dropped. Going to be a cluster when all the drivers with expired "Med Cards" try to get in at the same time to renew. They will be fighting all the other people who had to postpone their doctors appts. til the order was rescinded.
    Same goes for driver's licenses and vehicle registrations.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  7. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I agree.

Its going to be such a mess.

We might even lose enough trucks parked as a country to not be able to keep up that delivery system for a while because of it.

8. Truckin4America

Truckin4America Bobtail Member

Mar 31, 2020

9. Truckin4America

Truckin4America Bobtail Member

Mar 31, 2020
    I had to renew my DOT Medical Card and When the President said everyone stay at home to stop the Spread of the Virus I Stayed home , Now I don't have a Medical Card and just got a Letter in the Mail that says Disqualification CDL Medical Certification , mostly i was scared to go to the Doctors Office because of the Virus , but nobody could tell me anything , more less i listened to what the President said to stay home , More less i even quit my Job because i wasn't going to run back in forth from NC to NYC and NJ and more less they acted like that's all they have , my life is more important to me , But i have been Driving Truck for almost 30 years now and never had any problems until now

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
    Capacity and x1Heavy Thank this.
  10. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    Medical cards have been extended by the FMCSA until June 30, so you can disregard that letter for now. As have expiring CDLs. And there are still companies hiring that don't go to the northeast.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.