Stay away from Celedon!

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by professionaldriver1, May 24, 2018.

1. 389driver

389driver Medium Load Member

Feb 25, 2018
    Upstate NY
    @IluvCATS, you do know having multiple accounts is against forum rules right?

IluvCATS Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. laaylor

laaylor Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2007
    Creston, Wa
    No way!

4. IluvCATS

IluvCATS Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Seattle, WA
    Come meet the new Celedon. We’re back and better than ever! Recruiters are standing by.

5. Lab work

Lab work Medium Load Member

Apr 20, 2018
    USA
    Where have you disappeared 2 professionaldriver1. Any update would be appreciated. Are you able to find the controls for the AC? Any news on when you will be taking another road test?

6. jodyj54

jodyj54 Light Load Member

Mar 15, 2018
    Why do so many new drivers think they have to start with big companies who have so many formalities and are so authoratative? There are many small companies on craigslist, and others you can find by driving around who will put you with someone for a couple weeks training and get you going. Large companies have dozens of applicants every week but many small ma and pa companies can hardly find drivers in some places. I read so much about this. I have been OTR or 35 years and worked for big and small, and after spending time with big companies, I would never go with them again. Small companies are more understanding and treat you better. Companies like Celadon and the likes consider you just another number with thousands of numbers to follow you. Here is an example; chip carriers in Alabama need drivers and its a place to get paid well every week and get OTR experience. Do it for a year and your good to go anywhere.

If you plan to stay in trucking for a career, then after you have a couple years OTR and saved some money; buy a good DOT inspected cabover and lease-on with a company with no age restrictions. You have much more freedom with your own truck and can say no to many things. Furthermore, you buy a cabover, its yours-not the banks and you can do most repairs yourself and you can go paper logs. Thats my take on it.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
    IluvCATS and Lab work Thank this.
  7. Lab work

Lab work Medium Load Member

Apr 20, 2018
    USA
    That is a cool picture, thanks 4 sharing.

8. IluvCATS

IluvCATS Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Seattle, WA
    Love that picture. ^

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.