Stay Away from Conway Truckload!!

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Fat Slob, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Surfer Joe

Surfer Joe Heavy Load Member

Feb 27, 2011
    Cape Ann, Massachusetts
    Really? Wow, you are really doing well. After having worked there myself, and meeting many, many other Conway drivers, I would have to say that you are definitely doing something different than the rest of us. All the rest of us were ALL doing about 600 bucks a week. Sometimes even less. And that's regardless of experience.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Empirev5

Empirev5 Bobtail Member

Apr 1, 2013
    Thanks for the information sounds you are doing well.

4. paul_4lp

paul_4lp Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2010
    Fort Myers, FL
    Come on Joe....be real man ....I've been here 18 months ...hardly even hear anyone complaining bout lack of pay ... If I was clearing $600 a week I'd be at home in FL working any job at $12 a hour ( on a side note I came back frm home time on Thursday & made $680 by Sunday 3 1/2 days work)

do you have the truck #'s & employee # of all these low paid & unhappy Conway TL drivers ?
    i have pic of my truck on my profile with truck # ...you can PM me for my employee # ..and we have also taken pic of out weekly gross online & posted here ...yes you prob won't get rich but you'll be comfortable....I'd say the driver above is running teams... Personally think ill gross around 54K at the end of year ....after I take my two weeks paid vacation of $1050 a week

mustang970 Thanks this.
  5. paul_4lp

paul_4lp Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2010
    Fort Myers, FL
    Nat ...you have 15 post since 2009...most bashing previous employers ...do you ever say anything positive????

user303 and mustang970 Thank this.
  6. Wharf Rat

Wharf Rat Light Load Member

May 2, 2011
    Bridgeville, DE
    If you don't like them, don't work there. They don't need your crybaby bs anyways. I worked there for 25 months and recently switched to CWF. They have been 100% supportive of my move. I made just under 100K in the two years I worked there, and would go back ( and can) if I had to. Never had to chase pay, and always drove nice trucks, except for a wreck that I had to recover to get to a new truck, but that wasn't their fault.
    Sure I had up and down weeks. I've had 1600 mile weeks and I've had 4300 mile weeks and everything in between. Even with losing almost a month of driving last year due to breakdowns, I still grossed over 50K. In my last week there, I burned my 70 up in 6 days and had to reset before I could go and drop my truck off. In two years I hit 47 of the lower 48 and 5 provinces in Canada from Quebec to Alberta, got lots of good training and never drove a truck over 3 years old. I had an awesome trainer when I started there ( Samurai) and we still talk almost daily.I was never late unless I shut down for some weather once or twice across the Three Sisters in Jan, and all in all they did a good job of keeping me moving. Do your job and you'll be fine, stay out of the terminal break rooms, get your loads and leave right away. Manage your time and you'll be ok. Maybe you just couldn't cut it there, that's ok too, the job is not for everyone, and it's not easy. I have no problem telling anyone I drove for them and am proud to say so. I'll still wave to my fellow drivers, and that's how I still view them, even though I'm in the LTL side now. Hell, when I drive my car I still catch myself waving when I see a Conway T/L or CWF truck....it's just what we do.

mustang970 and markealy Thank this.
  7. mustang970

mustang970 Road Train Member

Mar 27, 2009
    Homeless
    When reading threads of this nature.
    There are always 2 sides to a story. And normally one side doesn't properly back up what is said. Which lends to the character of said people.
    Look at this thread where somebody bashes a company, you read it and think, wow what a baf deal. Then the other side responds and you get a broader picture. http://www.thetruckersreport.com/tr...stics-phoenix-rips-off-their.html#post3363250

8. mustang970

mustang970 Road Train Member

Mar 27, 2009
    Homeless
    That seems to be the trend.
    It of course is the employer fault.
    When you look at some folks history of posts, you can read the character of poster, or lack of.

user303 Thanks this.
  9. Marco_2oll

Marco_2oll Light Load Member

Jun 11, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    that ##### christine k in recruiting cops an attitude when i called there cause if you have had more than 2 jobs recently, she won't talk to you.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2013
  10. Marco_2oll

Marco_2oll Light Load Member

Jun 11, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    that's how they do things. the CON way. con artists.

11. Smaggs

Smaggs Pie Crust

Apr 12, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I don't have personal experience, but I have a friend that works for them and he does well. Good paycheck and steady miles. He is not a but kisser, either.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.