stay away from giddyup inc (charlotte nc) he sells your loads

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by INVALID ONE, Apr 25, 2017.

1. INVALID ONE

INVALID ONE Bobtail Member

Apr 25, 2017
    booked a load which was a charlotte nc to charlotte nc. pickup time 8:30am. had a flat at 7am. emailed Casey at giddyup who is the owner. told him I may be a little behind due to a flat. it happens out here, happens to all of us. his first response was and this is all thru email

CASEY
    (Don't mean to be so straight forward but you have the exact same thing written on carrier 411 from a previous broker. I will write up and request a black list report as this is your second time happening and you won't be able to work with a substantial amount of brokers.
    Let me know if the flat can get fixed and if he can be there on time as agreed )

ME
    I said I am trying my best to be there..i do apologize..if you ever are on the road in a truck you can understand..i did get up early to be there as agreed..if you cant understand then it is what it is

CASEY
    I know these things happen with trucks. But you have to understand how it looks when the exact same email is written for someone else.
    Let me know before 8:00 am if your falling out or not

ME
    Ive been in business for 4 years..it happens sometimes..im doing my best but am at the mercy of the repair truck currently

CASEY
    I hear you, hope you are able to get it fixed. Just know brokers who use Carrier 411 won't be able to use you if I file the black list. It won't even be a choice for them. I don't want to file but I will.

ME
    Thats kicking me when im down..i can file a report about inconsiderate brokers also..ive done nothing wrong..im in complete contact with you and have an emergency

CASEY
    It's business. You had a contract to haul our load and you aren't. Sorry.

ME
    Things happen..I'm currently getting it fixed at the moment..I can still prob get there in time..no need to be so harsh

[​IMG]CASEY
    I'm just frustrated with this happening to me. It's a newer customer and it makes me look extremely bad when I have to cancel on my customer because of service failures.
    Once the truck is fixed call me to see if I was able to find another truck before you dispatch Kene. Do not dispatch him before you call me, please

ME
    I will be ready in 15 minutes..do you want me to go or not?

CASEY
    I got it covered. You're off the load.

NOW THIS ISNT A BROKER YOU WANT TO DO BUSINESS WITH. I HAD A CONTRACT TO PICKUP THE LOAD AND HE GAVE MY LOAD TO SOMEONE ELSE WITHOUT PAYING ME A TONU. HE ALSO REPORTED ME TO FREIGHTGUARD FOR HAVING A FLAT. I URGE ANYONE TO STAY AWAY FROM THIS DIRTY BUSINESS. ITS NOT WORTH YOUR TIME. HE IS A ONE MAN SHOW WHO HAS ONLY BEEN IN BUSINESS SINCE 2015 SO ITS IN HIS BEST INTEREST TO SCREW ANYONE HE CAN OVER A DOLLAR BECAUSE HE IS OBVIOUSLY HAVING TROUBLE MAKING IT IN THIS FIELD.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2024
    Highway_Executive Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. INVALID ONE

Apr 25, 2017
  4. INVALID ONE

Apr 25, 2017
    Screenshot_2017-04-25-15-31-09.png Screenshot_2017-04-25-15-31-15.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
  5. INVALID ONE

Apr 25, 2017
  6. 8thnote

8thnote Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2013
    Chattanooga, TN
    You told him in the very first message that you "did not think you could be there by 0830". I don't blame him for getting another truck on the load. Why do you expect a TONU after you told him you weren't gonna make the pick up appointment?

Also, I saw that load posted on DAT the other day. $250 is way too cheap to tie up your truck for the better part of a day.

sawmill Thanks this.
  7. nikmirbre

nikmirbre Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    Im stuck on the $250......

Mudguppy and BigTennOTR Thank this.
  8. INVALID ONE

Apr 25, 2017
    Things happen and sometimes you run behind. Dont act like youve never had a flat. If you read everything you would see at 8am i told him i would be ready to go in 15 min and given my current location i would have made my appt. I've been to that pickup so many times. It's not a strict appt. And yes you are right, $250 isn't enough money especially when this is a metal recycling plant that has shards of metal everywhere that pops tires. But nonetheless, his approach was unprofessional. The proper way to handle this situation would have been for him to call the customer and let them know my eta and if they said that's not OK he should tell me and then take me off the load. But he didn't give me a fair chance. He went about it the wrong way.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
  9. INVALID ONE

Apr 25, 2017
    That's what happens when loads get booked with cheap brokers.

10. 062

062 Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Umm.... aren't you the one who booked it?

Roger McG Thanks this.
  11. INVALID ONE

Apr 25, 2017
    Yes, I can't help that this broker is cheap

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.