STAY AWAY FROM K&B Transport

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by nawdew, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Milkman719

Milkman719 Medium Load Member

May 29, 2013
    Colorado Springs
    have read the post starting after the long complaint just want to say I found them funny. Im pretty sure K&B has guarantee pay (at least in Denver area). The nice thing about OTR and working all the time is its harder to spend all that cash.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. reefer75

reefer75 Medium Load Member

Feb 26, 2011
    midwest
    I talked to there recruiter a while back was not impressed with his attitude so never went any further. As far as the company have heard they screw drivers over but can't verify it.

4. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    tthose recruiters come off as jerks on the phone but if you met them theyre just the opposite。at least thats my opinion anyway。far as screwing drivers,well there are strings attached to getting that guaranteed salary。

reefer75 Thanks this.
  5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    What are the strings? Probably have to do what you agreed to when they hired you.

dogtrucker Thanks this.
  6. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    you have to be ready and available for all loads and you cant be late due to drivers error 。

Chinatown Thanks this.
  7. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Drivers error...you can bet they will always blame the driver so they don't have to pay that guarantee.

pattyj Thanks this.
  8. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    thats not like me to agree with you,lol but youre right。i have spoke with drivers that didnt get their salaryfor one reason or another。guess kb doesnt mine hiring replacements week after week and they cant get ahead。there will always be more that quit then they hire。last time i drove past kb their lot was full of trks along their fence。

drvrtech77 Thanks this.
  9. dogtrucker

dogtrucker Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2012
    my truck
    K&B trucks and maintenance are excellent in my experience. Anything I need, no matter what, gets fixed instantly.

Milkman719 and pattyj Thank this.
  10. dogtrucker

Sep 10, 2012
    my truck
    Like most companies it is simply black and white - did you meet the criteria or not.
    Once in a great while, it seems unreasonable and I argue with them. If you are certain something is just wrong, you take it to the owner and he takes care of you. I only had to do that once. Another time, I thought my dispatcher was being too much of a jerk so I got a better one - seems pretty typical to me.
    I look at the big picture and far as I can see, for an easy reefer gig, K&B is one of the best.

reefer75 Thanks this.
  11. dogtrucker

Sep 10, 2012
    my truck
    You are mistaken; they obviously hire more than they loose since they have grown by almost 20% in the last year.
    Sure, they pis* me off once in a while but I have come to believe that will happen at any job. Over all, I can't find a better job doing the same thing (except wal mart - if you can get it) so I continue to give my company a thumbs up and recommend them as a well above average employer.

Paul Bunyan Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.