Stay away from Roehl

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by joeh920, Jul 6, 2012.

1. snap

snap Bobtail Member

Mar 19, 2012
    Mic. Where did you go.? A lot of drivers bailing right now, Not sure why. I have heard a lot of complaints about dispatch. Still with them myself.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mic

Mic Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2011
    Sheldon,IA
    I went to a small reefer company out of Iowa.......its nice not being micromanaged.....we are given a load and told to get it from a to b and just be on time...... and we are paid percentage.....

4. TB John

TB John Company Shill of BYOB & CBD

Dec 28, 2008
    I agree IF its clean and IF it's in good shape miles don't matter. It would be my preference that I put all the miles on it and not get a hand-me-down from someone else. My first truck was in good shape mechanically but reeked of cigarette smoke and what ever greasy fastfood the previous driver prefered.:biggrin_25512:

truckinmike1984 Thanks this.
  5. dude6710

dude6710 Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2010
    MN
    stay out for 3 weeks at a time. ull get miles and they will run you very well. And if you run on a consistent schedule they will notice that. I ran a easy 3100 average a week, its not hard people.

precisionpower Thanks this.
  6. Spamalot

Spamalot Light Load Member

Jul 8, 2012
    Is it me, or are the same companies getting picked on all the time here? I browsed this forum for a while before I joined, but it's always the same crap. Stay away from this, stay away from that. Why? Because you had a bad experience you automatically think everyone else will? The companies depicted here have a driver roster of 3,000+. You cant begin to tell me that every driver there is getting the same shenanigans, so I'll dismiss most of these "stay away" threads as myth or self infliction.

MondoTrucker and DrtyDiesel Thank this.
  7. Mic

Mic Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2011
    Sheldon,IA
    I wouldn't say stay away from Roehl....its a great place for people to get into the industry....and thats the kind of driver they are actively looking for.....and that is what the company is geared around.....now if you have experience and a clean backround you can do much better than Roehl....it all depends on what fits you....
    I started with Roehl...and I like them overall...they were very good to me....but it seemed like the last 3 months nosedived on me hard with them...so I decided to leave...no real hard feelings...other than they tried screwing me AFTER I put in my 2 week notice...

dude6710 Thanks this.
  8. DrtyDiesel

DrtyDiesel Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2010
    Jacksonville, FL
    I'm a lot happier in flatbed. I'm waiting till my year then I plan on going somewhere else. But the only reason id leave is if there's a much better pay raise since I get paid well and home often with roehl.

Ethan

dude6710 Thanks this.
  9. Mic

Mic Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2011
    Sheldon,IA
    I had decent miles in the Van division for a while....I would even stay out a month at a time...the longest overall was 3....then I trimmed it back to 14 out 2 home....which worked great...then I decided to go to the reefer fleet...was told the miles would be about the same...(weren't) the pay was more cpm though.....then when I found the right opportunity I jumped at it and am happy so far with my new company...don't have to run as many miles and get paid more for it and its not about the miles as I get paid percentage......but with that I have to trip plan a little better...and plan my own fuel stops...so now I pay attention to the price to make sure the company gets a better deal....

10. jokerrocket

jokerrocket Bobtail Member

Jul 11, 2012
    I was a new guy out of a trucking school and after 2 months they gave me a good truck. And I can't complain about my weekly miles, I run dry van and I get somewhere around 3000+ miles range weekly, I was a graduate student from a trucking school and at first they gave me a 05' International 9400i, with 700,000 miles and no APU, and after about 2 months they gave me a 2011 Cascadia with 100,000 miles on it, got a condo and an APU, and it runs great, I can't complain about the company, I got good runs most of the time.

11. dude6710

dude6710 Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2010
    MN
    Are you in MN a lot? I see a few grey trucks pulling flatbed? I always see 1 or 2 a week on 94 around the cities.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.