Stay away from Roehl

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by joeh920, Jul 6, 2012.

1. jeepnut_nh

jeepnut_nh Medium Load Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Milford, NH
    could you speak more specifically as to what happened after you gave your notice?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mic

Mic Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2011
    Sheldon,IA
    the last 3 days they saddled me with a load from Gary to southern VA....I told my FM I was supposed to be home saturday...he told me to get it rollin and they would find a relay....needless to say I bugged him every hour til my relay emerged......I ended up delivering a Nestle Load in KY...then they wanted me to run to GA to pick up Carpet...I said Nope not happening.....then they gave me a load out of Louieville to the oak creek yard....I barely had enough hours for it...but they wanted me to pick up a relay that was showing up the Day AFTER my no #### drop dead last day......I said no and dropped the louieville load in Oakcreek and bobtailed home to Tomah...Cleaned out the truck and turned it in at Marshfield...all in all about a 16 hour driving day....

jeepnut_nh Thanks this.
  4. OneCaveman

OneCaveman Light Load Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Roscoe Il
    Hey now, you must not get to Gary much. Heads up if they route you there for no reason, or a fishy one. Most heads are chopped there. Drivers there all the time trying to find a way home besides Greyhound. They are not putting 10 more trucks on the road each week. Drivers are quitting and getting terminated each week. Their payroll is not growing by 520 drivers each year.

5. coopnp

coopnp Road Train Member

Oct 9, 2011
    Orlando, FL
    I only get routed there for fuel mostly, maybe stay the night or a relay. Go there too often unfortunately. First time in 9 months I haven't been there. Poor assumption I admit that's why I posted in my opinion.

6. jruiz23

jruiz23 Bobtail Member

Sep 15, 2013
    ELYRIA,OHIO
    Started with Roehl in 09 Van Driver havent had much problems, 3 FM all good great. Miles are good if you stay out 14 days or more if you want to be home every weekend your miles will be low. One time i took a load to Utah got caught in a snow storm was going to be late for christmas and Roehl got me a flight home then flew back 5 days later to get my truck. Good company to me

7. Roy Lee

Roy Lee Light Load Member

Dec 14, 2011
    Frankfort,Ohio
    Well I have been At Roehl a year and a half and tomorrow I turn my truck in at Gary. I hope things go smooth and they don't rip me off of any pay like I have heard they do. I started with Roehl because it was about the only big company that I didn't have family in. I live south of Columbus and with 25 drivers and 4 3rd party brokers in my family I had an ideal what trucking was like. I have good and bad things that I think about Roehl, But so long as I just turn in the truck and Locks without any pay being stolen from me I will move on with a semi-positive view . About a month ago I was out and had a kidney stone attack and when I notified weekend dispatch they did nothing in the way of helping me get medical attention. Lucky for me people in WI. tend to be decent people so I got a ride to Hospital and a ride back but I had to pass the stone in the truck without pain meds because I had no way to get to a pharmacy to get pain meds filled. They didn't even check to see if I was ok. So me and the wife talked and she asked me to try to get a local gig. I tried and got hired on the spot 1st. place I went. $15-26.50 an hour plus day one insurance. Home every night. So I mailed my notice. I have had 5 trucks in the time I have been with them and the one I am turning in was the only one with any power. I never cared if the truck was new or old a truck is a truck all that matters is if it runs. The Insurance was the main reason I am leaving. Pay hasn't gone up for truckers since the 1980's . So I knew there wasn't any real money in trucking. But I am old and the only bill I have is the doctor bill from the stone. So I don't sweat much. I live just below Columbus so Jobs are plentiful. My thoughts are as trucking companies go I guess I could have started with worse, but they really only want new drivers or drivers who live in economically depressed areas where jobs are not plentiful for drivers. That way they can keep pay down. Having owned businesses , I can look at how they are structured and see why. Oh well truckers are a dime a dozen but so are truck companies. it is what it is.

Nightwind8830 Thanks this.
  8. Roy Lee

Dec 14, 2011
    Frankfort,Ohio
    Well turned in truck and was fairly painless , wait a week and see if I get all my pay.

9. Ultra7

Ultra7 Heavy Load Member

Feb 21, 2011
    NE Ohio
    You should get it. I got all mine when I left.

Cheryl Thanks this.
  10. Roy Lee

Dec 14, 2011
    Frankfort,Ohio
    I wonder about my security deposits on locks and my 401 k money. Time will tell

11. TexasPhoenix

TexasPhoenix Medium Load Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Wisconsin
    sorry to hear. weekend dispatch isn't the best at times

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.