Stay away from Strickland Truck and Auto in Cana, VA

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by englewoodcowboy, Dec 29, 2014.

1. englewoodcowboy

englewoodcowboy Light Load Member

Feb 14, 2008
    Chilhowie, VA
    I bought a used motor from them when my old ISX failed. They sell the motors with a 90 day warranty which is why I chose to go with them. The engine failed on the first trip out, it made it about 600 miles. We had to have it towed back at our expense for the warranty work as they refused to pay the local Cummins shop to look at it. They have had my truck for 3 weeks now, meanwhile my driver is sitting at home and we have bills piling up. They seem to not care about time. They have lied to me over many items, for starters they said they needed a new or remanufactured head and none where available within a reasonable distance. I made 1 phone call and found 3 of them on 3 different dealer shelves all within 50 miles of the shop... Now they tell me they are working on it 8 hours a day... I have had several motors in framed and had them down about 2 weeks for machining and various items which is acceptable. Now they tell me they are waiting o for a set of timing wedges they ordered yet they cannot provide a tracking number or the location they ordered them from. This place is a joke, I understand warranty and it takes time to repair but when they tell you they have never rebuilt that particular model engine before, followed by how they are good christians and do not drink etc... I am simply tired of the BS. This is far from acceptable and I will be bragging them to court.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. baha

baha Road Train Member

Jul 25, 2013
    ga
    You must toss it up weather its cheaper to buy another eng. or sit and wait for them to fix it on their dime?

4. lastgoodusername

lastgoodusername Medium Load Member

Dec 18, 2008
    central NC
    If my memory serves me , I bought a rebuilt tranny from them a few years back. I think the dad/patriarch was still in the picture. Better results than what you described. Another example of kids running things down ,that have been built up and given to them . I know this don't help , but i wish you luck and drag 'em to court if need be. Johnny

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.