Stay away from Swift - the company is inaccurate in regards to pay

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by kmatco, Oct 16, 2018.

1. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    Ok this is a true story. My current company hired a former Swift driver with 5 yrs experience before I got there. When I first started I met her & said #### that is a big girl. She was about 6' & maybe 250lbs. Then I had to use her truck & I said #### she doesn't keep her truck tidy like most girls Then when I got my new truck that I park at a different location she found the key & stole my fuel card because she lost hers & they had to track who did it because she never called in. When they told her to give it back to me she just wouldn't so they had to cancel the card.
    Then I come to work one day & my truck is gone. She dropped the driveline in her frtskr & cought a lyft ride to my truck 12 miles & knowing I have to leave the key took my truck & left it back at her yard.
    The Co didn't fire him/her & after talking to other drivers I found out why. He/She was a He & had already filed a claim of discrimination due to being a tranny.
    About 1 month ago he/she lost her case with the EEOC & 2 weeks ago he/ she was late to work & fired on the spot. They had to spend $250 just to detail the truck & the drivers seat had to be replaced before anyone could use it.
    They deducted the detailing off his/ her final check & he/she showed up wanting the amount deducted back. When he/she started yelling they called the cops & at some point he/ she got pepper sprayed by the payroll lady & EMS was called & took he/ she away because he/she complained about chest pains. After his/her car sat 3 days at the yard they had it towed away.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Stinky Dairy Air

Stinky Dairy Air Light Load Member

Apr 18, 2014
    Midwest
    That's just a days work for most Swift drivers!

4. Ffx95

Ffx95 Road Train Member

May 18, 2017
    That’s the type of stuff you expect from wacky dreams not reality. Holy hell!

bigblue19 Thanks this.
  5. GreenPete359

GreenPete359 Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2017
    Driving my recliner
    Why do people not find a new job before quitting their current job? I don’t understand. You have to realize if you get your new job 1st, then that takes this ability away from your current employer.
    (Unless you job hop Mega’s in which case sorry for ya)

Most smaller company’s do all their digging and talking to X employers before they bring you in. They don’t want their time or resources wasted on someone who is un-hirable.

6. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    I bet it’s because of the Diaz Brothers!

Lonesome Thanks this.
  7. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    My last OTR job I just got fed up with customers wasting my clock. When I arrived at my terminal 5miles from my house I just decide I'm home, my job sucks, I'm not happy so this is it, I'm done. I have never worried about getting future employment. If you have a clean DMV abstract you go right to the front of the heard.

8. Antinomian

Antinomian Road Train Member

Feb 17, 2013
    Because they quit impulsively, or they get fired then claim they quit.

The next employer will call their current employer anyway, so they aren't necessarily avoiding a bad reference by applying for a new job before quitting the old one.

9. pigsooie

pigsooie Medium Load Member

Jan 25, 2013
    SRT is a DIRTBAG Company like Swift. They do same stuff!! Click Company! Do think about theses guys.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.