Stay away from the Cartersville TA!!

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by RTR, Sep 22, 2017.

1. RTR

RTR Light Load Member

Nov 29, 2011
    Alabama
    Never ever stop at the Cartersville ta if at all possible.

There was no one in the Bays when I signed in at 3:30 and even asked if anyone was in front of me to get my p.m. done and Dot annual inspection.

Was told no I would be the first one in. At 4:30 I went to the service desk and inquired why they were five trucks pulled in front of me.

Thought I would go ahead and get it done since no one was in front of me.

Been here over 5 hours later still waiting on the guy to come back from a road call to do my annual inspection.

Took them 2 hours to get to me then another 2 hours to do a simple oil change?

Needless to say I have been checking and rechecking everything won't make this mistake again.

What they forgot to tell me is he has come and gone 4 times during that time.

Waiting on return phone call from district manager about their professionalism here.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Thanks for the review.

The call from the district manager will be just platitudes. He's the most likely reason there is not enough employees there for the volume of work.

4. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    You mean they didn't tell you the service desk guy is also the road service guy and is also the mechanic ? ! !

fargonaz Thanks this.
  5. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Howcome you didn't stay with the truck? If you did how did 5 trks get past you?

6. IndianaF150

IndianaF150 Medium Load Member

Apr 27, 2014
    I know the Burger King there used to charge $4 for a double cheeseburger, probably still do.

7. RTR

RTR Light Load Member

Nov 29, 2011
    Alabama
    I did stay with the truck. The first four trucks were not getting the oil changed so thought yo myself they will pull me in next, but then pulled a Werner Truck in the oil change hay and then I went in and asked.
    Ha ha no desk person was a woman.

8. RTR

RTR Light Load Member

Nov 29, 2011
    Alabama
    Got a call from Regional and District Manager. Both offered NO EXCUSES and apologized numerous times and assured it would not happen again.

I appreciate they did not try to explain it with excuses, as most people try to divert the problem by giving lame excuses.

9. RTR

RTR Light Load Member

Nov 29, 2011
    Alabama
    Every day was told to check my points as they were going to add 250 points for my trouble.

Never got them.

Sent this today.

Good morning Mr Green, it is now 11:15 sir and have checked my points balance and there has been no update to them.

It is sad that after the way I was treated in Cartersville on Friday night and to compound it on top of that was I actually believed you were truly sorry for the way that things had happened and I asked for no compensation from it.

But you told me that was the least that you could do to show me that you were truly sorry for the way things had turned out.

You sir have help me to remember why I stay so busy in my business of trucking and that is simply due to one major factor..

If I tell you something you can count on it getting done and not having to come back and recheck And verify three days later just to find out that it was not done as initially told.

I hope Mr. Green, the management and corporate people at TA, we're not too harsh with the employees in Cartersville. At least they did correct and finish the job they started out to do.

Sure I do not desire to speak to you or anyone else in management as I have no faith and believing anything that will be told me.

10. BQ Truck Driver

BQ Truck Driver Light Load Member

Mar 10, 2017
    Hmmmm......would you like some cheese to go with that chosen beverage?

11. swaggerjacker

swaggerjacker Medium Load Member

Nov 20, 2016
    TA is the worst. Took them 3 hours to change two trailer tires. This is "after" the truck was in the bay. They are, and will always be my last option. ######## even charge you to park. 12.00 in Baltimore, just past the tunnels. Unless you fuel, or course.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.