Stay away from Transport Service Co

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Timman, May 12, 2011.

1. chalupa

chalupa Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2010
    Houston,Texas
    That seems to be the way of it now. I can only assume that the Midland, MI. load was for Dow and that changes the landscape drastically. ( for the carrier ) Whom tries to pass that fear on to you.

I went through the same thing with a family member and there was some carrier blowback.... but only for a minute.....and I took my 3 days. Like me, they had a choice and I let them make it.

And I agree Mac, hoping a job will get better or waiting to see what happens is a poor approach. There are good times of the year and bad times to seek a job and this guy had plenty of both so he had his chance to get out earlier.

Sorry for your loss Timman.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. chalupa

Jul 22, 2010
    Houston,Texas
    Oh... and Timman.... NO CARRIER, especially common cares about what you want. You are a tool like a wrench in a box to be used when needed and when you can't do the job they will get another.

You do not have a family and you do not need time off. You can run 70 hours in 8 days 46 weeks a year. You only need 35k salary a year to do this.

Drivers are a dime a dozen and there's 10,000 just like you waiting outside my gate.

Need I say more?

drvrtech77 Thanks this.
  4. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    Dispatch makes or breaks a company. They need to be human with a little compassion. They also make mistakes just like you and me.

Another poster here t bird works for them. He seems to be pretty happy. They pay pretty well, pay you for loading/unloading delays. He told me he has the option to get a company paid hotel every 3rd day out if he wants it. That doesn't sound to me like a low tier trucking company culture that only wants to screw over drivers.

Sorry for your loss.

outerspacehillbilly Thanks this.
  5. chalupa

Jul 22, 2010
    Houston,Texas
    In retro, how they treat one driver is not how they treat another. I've seen the babies suckled at more than one carrier.

It's always beans with the steak and sometimes folks don't like the beans. That knife cuts both ways too. Dispatch has been known to cry the sky is falling repeatedly same as drivers turn down the slop.

In defense of a carrier, we need to try and understand that business makes him take all the freight. He doesn't get to pick his loads anymore than we do.

JMO

6. 1catfish

1catfish Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2010
    you could wind up in chicago every friday night like i did for a straight month. not anymore.

7. groundpounder

groundpounder Road Train Member

Nov 13, 2009
    I talked at length with them about 2 months ago or so the writing is on the wall if you know what questions to ask them...

sometimes you need to read between the lines a little I guess, either way too many red flags for my taste I kept looking..

8. Geebear88

Geebear88 Bobtail Member

Sep 16, 2013
    Right, must be a dispatcher saying those things about knowing the industry

9. hltibbs

hltibbs Bobtail Member

Apr 3, 2011
    What yard were you out of?

10. Hoppie

Hoppie Bobtail Member

Jun 22, 2018
    They werr great to me

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.