Stevens Class of Sept 26, 2011

Discussion in 'Stevens' started by GSWx, Aug 23, 2011.

1. SpyderRyder

SpyderRyder Medium Load Member

Aug 29, 2011
    Rice, Texas
    I love good old physical exertion and that helps keep me in shape.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SpyderRyder

Aug 29, 2011
    Rice, Texas
    Ouch, didn't find anything that specifically targeted these areas. I went through the FMCSR's and the meds I "was" on were Schedule 4 and 5. As for the CPAP issue, I can't help it if Stevens does not have the capability to download the data. They should realize or understand what type of systems are out there. Would be nice if they could convey that information to you before you set foot out the door. Ask the right questions and hopefully get the right answers. Of course I could have omitted that stuff and they would never know but I guess honesty and integrity worked against me. At least I don't have an issue on trying to remember what lie I told last time. Doesn't matter though, plan B is a better option.

Thanks for your candid criticism though. When you talk about "reading these boards?", how many millions of posts are we talking about. I probably would have more luck finding a needle in a hay stack.

Again, thanks for your valued input.:biggrin_25514:

GSWx Thanks this.
  4. DenaliDad

DenaliDad Retired Wheel Dog

Oh, they would find out. In all-things-medical, there are no secrets among docs. You are absolutely correct, Spyder...honesty and integrity are always the best policy. WITHOUT exception.

SpyderRyder and GSWx Thank this.
  5. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    You are welcome.

6. flguy

flguy Light Load Member

Sep 7, 2009
    I'm very glad I didn't go when I was considering it a few months back. I'm pretty sure now I would have been one of those guys taking the bus back to Florida from Dallas. :biggrin_25513: There seem to be so many if...ands...and buts that few can probably be 100% sure they are going to pass the physicals, background checks, and medical background.

I was leaning towards doing it but then after faxing my application, talking to the recruiter three times, they told me they lost my application. I took it as a warning sign. Then there was the fact that the recruiter seemed to act as if things would be no problem (like BMI and neck size) when most people here were saying it would be a problem. Then they'd declare that some part of my documentation wasn't good enough, I'd then supply what they wanted, and they'd just come up with some new reason never previously communicated stating why they needed something else. This went on at least three times.

No one wants to ride a bus nearly 1,000 miles one way and put their life on hold without being reasonably sure they will at least be getting an honest shot at it and not sent home within 3 days. In the end it seemed to be a foolish gamble for me to take their offer.

7. SpyderRyder

Aug 29, 2011
    Rice, Texas
    Do like I ended up doing. The day Stevens cut me loose, I stopped by a local driving school 20 miles from the house and after finding out my credit was still in tack, signed up. I just graduated on the 21st so now and am putting in applications like crazy. Of course Stevens is not one of my choices.:biggrin_25522:

I've gotten pre-hire letters from US Xpress, Werner, Schneider and have submitted apps to JBS Carriers, TMC, Prime, KLLM, and submitting apps today to Maverick and Roehl.

Doing the private school gave me more options than I know what to do with and most companies out there will reimburse in part if not full your tuition but under conditions of course.

8. TLeaHeart

TLeaHeart Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2008
    casper, wy
    smartest move you made... and if your first choice does not work out, you owe them nothing, and can move on. Increases your opportunity to succeed/

Dryver Thanks this.
  9. SpyderRyder

Aug 29, 2011
    Rice, Texas
    Finished all the aforementioned apps and did one for Prime and now one for Millis Transfer. Millis looks real good on their pay either HHG miles or Practical. Great hometime as well. I would have to say that Millis, Prime, Maverick, and Roehl are my top 4 choices. We shall see though. I'll go tomorrow and fingerprint for my HAZMAT and initiate process for a TWIC card. I want to have everything set when I go to work. Whew, this is more work than the driving school.

10. Corporal_Clegg

Corporal_Clegg Road Train Member

Oct 9, 2010
    Raleigh,NC
    I have heard Millis is good, and I think Prime is OK to

SpyderRyder Thanks this.
  11. SpyderRyder

Aug 29, 2011
    Rice, Texas
    I think the better companies pay practical miles. Some of the others probably charge the shippers hub and pay their drivers HHG. Not to cool in my book.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.