Stevens driver from 1/98-4/02

Discussion in 'Stevens' started by puppydaddy, Oct 29, 2007.

1. puppydaddy

puppydaddy Bobtail Member

Oct 29, 2007
    plano,texas
    I drove for stevens from 1/98-4/02 and received my CDL from there school on the hill. I will start off by saying that there driving/training school was not too bad, I would recommend it to anyone that wants to get in the trucking industry. My time at stevens was a roller coaster ride and it really makes me wonder how I stayed there for 4yrs. I encountered some good people and some individuals that i hope to never run into again, but thats life. I had some good DM's, one in particular named plowboy that kept me on the move. It is true that stevens pay scale is at the bottom of the food chain, but always got between 2400-3200 miles a week, give or take compared to JB hunt making .40 a mile and only receving 1500-1700 miles a week if you are lucky. I understand the frustration of the road life and sometimes you just want to park your truck and move on, and thats all well and good but there are constructive ways of going about this. In april of 2002, I had just delivered a load in Toronto and had a load coming back to Dallas. I had had enough and was going to park my truck. I had all my belongings packed up before I left Toronto. Heres the thing, I told my DM that when I get back to Dallas, that I will be going on time off, since I had been on the road for 21/2 months. I delivered my load and my DM told me to procced to the yard and go on time off. I went thru the safety lane, the whole 9 yards and was cleared for dispatch. I packed my 4 wheeler and off I went. Stevens at the time had a policy that you could take up to 30 days off and still be employed, do not know if it is like that now. To make a long story short, I never told stevens I was quitting and took time off and never came back. Of course I informed my DM after 3 days of time off that i would need more thatn 5 days off and he said that i would lose my truck, oh well. This is what I am saying, stevens or for that matter all trucking companys could care a less if you quit, they will somehow survive without you. In other words if you are just tired of the stuff, stay calm and be smart, because you do not want them to make a mess on your DAC report, that is if you still plan on trucking for a living. Have lots more to say, but at another time

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LeslieAnn

LeslieAnn Bobtail Member

Apr 25, 2008
    texas
    who would you rather go with .....

swift or stevens to start out??????:biggrin_25524:

i'm asking because i was going to go with swift to get started but now stevens looks a lot better due to less controversy and to me the company looks a lot better.

4. newbee22

newbee22 Bobtail Member

Sep 22, 2008
    palm coast, FL
    soo how much do this company pays their drivers

5. sgreer78

sgreer78 Light Load Member

Jul 26, 2008
    St Louis, MO
    Not much, with grammar like that.

6. smurf-316

smurf-316 Resident Nut Case

Oct 4, 2006
    North Carolina

we're not in high school and his grammar is legible so no problems here.

NukedNative Thanks this.
  7. sgreer78

sgreer78 Light Load Member

Jul 26, 2008
    St Louis, MO
    Now it's right.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2008
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.